"silent alarm" tile for the Fitbit.com Dashboard

From a different thread, but would love to have a "silent alarm" tile for the dashboard.  I really like the alarm feature of my fitbit flex, but setting/editing/deleting alarms is a bit cumbersome.  Yes, it's only a few clicks, but would be nice to see current alarms from the dashboard.  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

60 Comments
florence46
Recovery Runner

@mscout wrote:

From a different thread, but would love to have a "silent alarm" tile for the dashboard.  I really like the alarm feature of my fitbit flex, but setting/editing/deleting alarms is a bit cumbersome.  Yes, it's only a few clicks, but would be nice to see current alarms from the dashboard.  Thanks!

Totally agree. Would be great and used more often.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

An alarm dashboard tile is a great idea! Thanks for posting!

cogsblogs
First Steps

Silent alarm for the dashboard please. It's a great feature but I can never remember where you have to link through to.

rachelizabeth3
First Steps

Please add the ability to set and edit silent alarms on the dashboard of the newly updated app interface (I use iOS). I really miss that feature and it was really hard to find in the new app. I had to ask online chat to help me find it. It's actually a lot of extra steps just to set a silent alarm. I wish I had asked weeks ago because I had been missing this feature! 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @rachelizabeth3.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Other users could definitely like to see an simpler way to set alarms easily on the new Dashboard's design.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

twocaptains
First Steps

It’ll be nice to return the possibility to set up a silent alarm right from the mains screen. After the app updated it disappeared and now it’s really inconvenient.

readerJ14
First Steps

In the old app, you just had to click on the + and then choose 'new alarm'. In the new version the alarm setting is basically hidden and takes more clicks to get to. It should be accessible in one tap from the main view as before.

Okidok
First Steps

@rachelizabeth3 wrote:

Please add the ability to set and edit silent alarms on the dashboard of the newly updated app interface (I use iOS). I really miss that feature and it was really hard to find in the new app. I had to ask online chat to help me find it. It's actually a lot of extra steps just to set a silent alarm. I wish I had asked weeks ago because I had been missing this feature! 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

I really miss this function too! Due to my irregular work schedule, I need to set my alarms on daily basis.

What would be even better is having the integration with Siri and Siri actions through the Shortcuts app on iOS, which make setting an alarm as easy as possible.

Thanks

Gryphinn
First Steps

With the new software that I was updated to today, setting the alarm is extremely buried and takes many clicks to get to. This is extremely annoying as a) it is not obvious or easy to set the alarm, and b) I set/change the alarm almost daily.

I would like to suggest a quick, single-click button to get to the alarms directly from the dashboard. 

I am extremely unhappy and annoyed with this update that has hidden the alarm functionality so deeply inside the Alta device settings.

BexCasa
First Steps

Hi, I've changed to the new interface for the app but am disappointed that there's no quick link to silent alarms on the home screen. It took me a while to find my alarm setting initially as I'm so used to just clicking on the orange plus sign in the old interface. Is this something that could perhaps be added please? I use Fitbit as my main alarm so need quick access if I have to change it before bed!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gryphinn and @BexCasa, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Brothernod
First Steps

100% agree with this. Last night I was offered the new IOS interface and happily accepted, only to be instantly annoyed that setting my morning alarm is 30% more taps. 

In the old interface your device icon was always top left so it was a quick tap, silent alarms, toggle a couple alarms. 

In the new interface you have to tap account, find the device in the list, then silent alarms and toggle a couple alarms. Adding the extra tap and search in the list is obnoxious when I just want to go to sleep.

i agree with the suggestion here, make alarms a widget option for the new dashboard, then the people that want it can have quick access without complicating the interface for other users.

it seems silly perhaps but this is the only interaction with my Fitbit that I do every single day, so making it worse is pretty obnoxious. Trying to turn 2 alarms on on my wrist is so inconsistent and tedious I always use the app, now that’s annoying too 😞

Vbrankovich
First Steps

This new update that came out just before the 4th of July is a visual downgrade and has also moved the "Silent Alarm" features in the settings. It used to be 1 click on the app. It's currently hidden :

Click Profile --->

Click on Charge 3 Icon----->

Click on Silent Alarms ---->

Set your Alarms

I'm asking to have it added to the "+"  alongside "Add sleep Log", "Begin Sleep Now" as an option

Thank you

Daykin
Stepping Up

Adding an alarm should be as quick & easy as possible - not made more difficult & slow. 

W-Web
Jogger

Problem: Previously, silent alarms could be accessed by clicking the orange "+" and then "silent alarms" at the bottom of dashboard in the app. With the new update, you have to click the person icon, then scroll to your device, then scroll down to silent alarms. This is more tedious for those of us who set our alarm every night (e.g. I work a rotating shift schedule in the ER)

Solution: Create a widget that links to "silent alarms" that can be added to the "Today" dashboard. 

Example:

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 07.01.27.png

For Developers:

In the "Health & Fitness Stats" menu, there are links to add exercise, sleep, etc to the main "Today" screen. A small widget with a bell icon that says "silent alarms" and works as a link to the silent alarms menu option would be very useful. You could consider adding a subheading with current silent alarms (though I would be happy with simply saving clicks from having a widget). 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @W-Web, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Hwalsh23
First Steps

it would be more convenient to have the alarm on the main screen or if you hit the plus icon next to the sleep schedule to have it there

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hwalsh23, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the alarm option in the new dashboard with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Edgar_G
First Steps

Sometimes I forget to set my alarm. Then I remember it when I’ve turned in. Searching through menus is a pain in the ••• and opening my computer is a non starter. Put back the quick access alarm.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Edgar_G, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the alarm option in the new dashboard with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

djh50
First Steps

If it will help by adding another voice to this, I happily do so.

I am very disappointed with the move of setting silent alarms away from the front screen. I use this daily with varying adjusted alarm times and the new way of doing so is not user friendly. The instructions of pressing the Today button/logo at the bottom are also not correct.

Please bring back the easy way to set silent alarms .. I have had to resort to loud alarms for the last few days before finally finding the response sin the Community.

Chubasco
Base Runner

Another user here that feels the silent alarm is a key feature.  In fact, it’s one of the main reasons my household switched back to Fitbit from Apple’s iWatch.

Please do add control of this feature back to iOS Fitbit app (specifically for the Versa).   

Polarwarp
Jogger

The recent ui changes are nice but has introduces an extra step to get to the silent alarms screen. This is the feature I use the most so please provide a one click way I can access these. Whether it’s allowing someone to set a favourite device /action and set it to a shortcut button on the home screen of the app or something similar. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Chubasco, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the alarm option in the new dashboard with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

otli
First Steps

I use alarms a lot, too, and hate that I can't change it quickly and easily. Please bring back the + button on the "today" tab!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.