"silent alarm" tile for the Fitbit.com Dashboard

From a different thread, but would love to have a "silent alarm" tile for the dashboard.  I really like the alarm feature of my fitbit flex, but setting/editing/deleting alarms is a bit cumbersome.  Yes, it's only a few clicks, but would be nice to see current alarms from the dashboard.  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

60 Comments
Vbrankovich
First Steps
Yes! Easy add to the plus Botton !
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Not a new feature or an enhancement: just bring back the previous '+' functionality on the iOS. And, before you make changes, reach out to the user community. This is a function many of us use daily/several times a week, so ...

JTres
First Steps

On the new app setting the alarm is much too burdensome. Please add a button on home screen where we can easily set the alarm. Going through settings menu is horrible! Can not understand why you would hide one of the best features of your product. Please make this change with an update!!

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @JTres ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. I can see why you would like to have a button on the home screen to set the alarms easily. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Vbrankovich
First Steps
Amen!

--
RemkoB
First Steps

Message given is clear. The '+' on the dashboard was loved

_CT_
Jogger

Definitely missing the shortcut for setting the alarm!

please bring it back

Mich44
Jogger

Yes please to bringing back an easy way to set the alarm from the dashboard page.  It could be set to default to the active device (or most recently active device) for those people who may have more than one device.

Joe403
Jogger

Please make the alarm clock feature available from the dashboard again. It’s very inconvenient to have to go to my profile then my Fitbit charge 3 to set the alarm. 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Joe403! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Fitbiddy10
First Steps

Bring back the + button that previously allowed you to easily add an alarm, fitness log entry, etc. I use the alarms all the time and constantly need them to change, and now I have to search through the app to get to alarms. Bring back the simple + button!

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Fitbiddy10 ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

redmondrunner
Stepping Up

My Fitbit is my silent friend telling me when to turn around, cool down and get dressed for my day when I'm running. Afterwards I use it for my meetings, to eat lunch, and to go to bed. My schedule changes everyday so I have to update my silent alarms at least three times a day. If I have to go three levels down to tell my Fitbit my schedule changed again, I might think that Fitbit doesn't want me to be on time anymore. Please bring the silent alarms back via the '+' button. I'm lost without my silent reminders!

Lemeek
First Steps

I miss the old "+" symbol on the dashboard where I could quickly change things like the alarm. Usually I'm half asleep or waking up in the middle of the night remembering that tomorrow is a holiday and I need to turn my alarm off. Now the "+" is gone and it's so roundabout to get to alarm settings it's very inconvenient. Barring having our old dashboard back (which I would like best) please give us easier access to the alarm

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lemeek! Great suggestion. Thanks for explaining why you would like to have an easier access to the alarms with us! I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

I used the silent alarms extensively, both to set wake up times and to remind myself of events during the day.  Losing the ability to easily set this has destroyed one of my main use cases.  Stunned that the team at Fitbit thought this was an ok change to make.

FBSCHMID
First Steps

Like many others, my daily schedule is not fixed but varies from day to day because I work for two employers and myself. My getting up times (and going to bed!) vary by up to two hours. My wife, on the other hand, has only two schedules each week and they can be fix-programmed Easily accessible silent alarms were a boon and I had to go to this website to find out how to do it because the HELP function is as useless as the current location of the silent alarms! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back something similar to the previous feature and mention it in the revision notes.

Lasolue13
Jogger

It would also be immensely helpful, to be able to set alarms directly on the device (Charge 3 in my case). If there is no internet connection, I cannot change any of the alarms on my Charge, only turn them on or off.

But being able to set at least one individual alarm similar to the way you can set the countdown would be a great help in this case. It may also help to remedy some of the problems reported here with changing schedules and ways to quickly change alarm(s). 

Toch
Recovery Runner

I miss my morning silent alarm with the easy + setting.  I’m retired so my morning schedule varies daily.  I’m not a ‘wake up to a sound, or light’ kind of person.  The vibration setting is perfect.  When I’m tired at night, I don’t want to tap more!  Bring back the ‘+’.  I don’t like going to bed frustrated with a complicated setting that was once so simple.

kthalma
First Steps

I recently received the updated app and was very disappointed to find the +(to set alarm) missing from the "Today" screen.  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why an updated app would remove existing functionality and bury the only method to set new alarms deep in the Account area.  I could see moving it into the "sleep" area under settings, like the exercise is, but this was almost like removing it altogether.  I had to search the community page to even find out where it was moved to currently.  If this doesn't get updated soon, I will be looking for a replacement for my Charge 2 and it won't be a Fitbit product.

Xeniaf
Stepping Up

I agree 100%. I use alarms all day long and it is awkward to get to them. 

lindsf
First Steps

I agree- to set a silent alarm I now have to click on 3 different windows. Then to get back to my dashboard I have to click another 3 buttons. It would be great if I was able to access my alarms through the dashboard or an option on the bottom next to "today" or "community." I have an apple device. This is something that has been bothering me ever since the last update!

GipsyDanger
Jogger

Sleep management is THE reason I wear a Fitbit and alarms are essential to that. If easy management of alarms is not returned to us, I will regrettably have to find another solution. Thank you.

Xeniaf
Stepping Up

I agree, it’s much more awkward to set the alarms now. I set and change them all day. It irritates me every time. 

trusinoff
First Steps

Please consider adding to the home screen on the app an activity that shortcuts to the silent alarms... going to my account, then my charge, then silent alarms seems way less elegant than just about everything else! One of the primary purposes of my device is sleep and wake... the alarm needs to be more accessible. Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.