Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Tracked periods were deleted (Android)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Now that a fix has been released, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you come across this issue in the future or have any new issue to report we ask that you create a new topic to let us know.

Fitbit Update: 1/22/19

Hey all!

We've noticed this issue has re-emerged this month. Thanks for those who have reported on here and contributed to this thread. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/18

Hi everyone!

A new version of the Fitbit Android app (2.82) was released yesterday to 10% of Android users that should resolve this issue. We anticipate it will roll out to 100% soon. If you haven't received the update yet, please stay tuned. Thanks again for your patience and reports!

Fitbit Update: 10/12/18

Hey folks! 

Our team is still investigating the root cause of this issue. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and are working towards a long-term resolution. I really appreciate everyone's feedback and reports. I'll keep you all updated when more information is available. 

Fitbit Update: 7/12/18

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for jumping in here to report your Female health data has disappeared in the Fitbit for Android app. Our team is aware of the issue and will investigate the cause. I noticed many more reports of this coming in starting yesterday 7/11. 

When I have more information or updates, I'll announce them here. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
210 REPLIES 210

Anytime @TinaSxoIn case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes....I logged a cycle around the 10th Sept and today (23rd)  it has all disappeared! Please help to have it restored. I tried all the suggestions too and no luck. I am running the latest Android version of the app.

Best Answer

Hi. I read this thread with a lot of interest. It's been going on for several months and there's a consistent message of "our support team are working to resolve this as soon as possible". Really? Is it really being given the priority it should? A lot of women rely on this feature, I mean ready rely on this as a health measurement, and yet it seems to be taking too long to resolve. If this was about steps not recording, or distance, or floors, which are gender neutral, rather than a purely female issue, would it take this long? Please prove me wrong with evidence. 

Best Answer

All my period and symptoms data has been deleted some time in the last week. Please advise if and how this can be recovered

Best Answer

Welcome in here @ecassin@luisita14lg, and @Hellyant! Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations posted in this thread. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. As soon as we receive update about this, we'll make sure to keep you guys posted. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mu app is up to date and I cant keep information saved either.  It is frustrating.   I thought that would work and I could stop logging it in a different app, but guess I won't delete that app yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually found a fix. I know it’s a really weird bug. But I eventually found if I put my phone in airplane mode, went to the female health section of the app everything would load fine and then close the app turn service back on open the app up again and everything works fine. It only happens every now and then for me so this fix although shouldn’t be necessary has worked as a temporary solution for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd really carefully entered my data into the female health feature for the last two months, so that I could track my monthly cycles but the data has now disappeared - any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Ive moved your post to Female Health Tracking as you are more likely to get an answer here.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Me too, I'm so upset. I'm not going to keep tracking unless issue is resolved. A few months gone.....

Best Answer

Same. Very disappointed as I was instructed to track it by my dr and now all of my info is gone.

Best Answer

I have also been very diligent in entering all my "symptoms" since the female health tracker launched.  Now all my data is GONE.  So frustrating.  This last update didn't fix anything for me, it BROKE everything.  

Best Answer

Welcome on board @CKD702@carmichg, and @TigerInME! Our team is aware of this situation and is working on finding the root cause, we really appreciate your comments and the steps that you've tried in order to troubleshoot this. 

In the meantime, we recommend you to keep your Fitbit app updated. We constantly release updates for bug fixes, feature improvements and more.  

Thanks for moving the post my friend @NellyG

Please keep an eye on this main thread for further updates. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just went to log for this month and noticed all my previously logged info is gone and it takes me through the initial set up steps again.  Replying here to hopefully get notified of a resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just realized that all the data I had introduced into the application have disappeared ... I checked on the internet with my pc, but I can not find them there either ... are- they definitely lost? what can I do to recover them? In advance thank you for your response.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @jcrigger! Also, thanks for sharing what has been working for you. I will pass this along to our team. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Welcome on board @Sarahgrn! Can you please try what my friend @jcrigger suggested and see if that works for you as well? Please let me know the outcome! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @kitiara39@ZHB, and @Celiann! Sorry to hear that your periods have disappeared. 

If you would like to give it a try I'd recommend trying the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.79 and iOS 2.78)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Have you turned off Predictions in Settings?

As posted in this thread, we've been working on getting this solved, but we're still waiting for our team to give us more details. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll keep you posted.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost my data again. Logged it for April May and June, it disappeared, then logged again fro July August and September and now that's gone too. Can you please either solve this ASAP or inform people that you're not ready to have this option and launch it again when you really are ready (and please stop calling it female anything - I am certainly not female and I do menstruate).
Best Answer

Hi @Digital_Pants, thanks for posting your comment here.

Thank you for the thorough feedback. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Feel free to keep checking the information here: Change "Female Health Tracking" to "Menstrual Health Tracking"

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing this bug. All the data for my tracked periods disappeared from the app. This is several months worth of data. Logging out and back in did not make the missing data re-appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes