Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Tracked periods were deleted (Android)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Now that a fix has been released, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you come across this issue in the future or have any new issue to report we ask that you create a new topic to let us know.

Fitbit Update: 1/22/19

Hey all!

We've noticed this issue has re-emerged this month. Thanks for those who have reported on here and contributed to this thread. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/18

Hi everyone!

A new version of the Fitbit Android app (2.82) was released yesterday to 10% of Android users that should resolve this issue. We anticipate it will roll out to 100% soon. If you haven't received the update yet, please stay tuned. Thanks again for your patience and reports!

Fitbit Update: 10/12/18

Hey folks! 

Our team is still investigating the root cause of this issue. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and are working towards a long-term resolution. I really appreciate everyone's feedback and reports. I'll keep you all updated when more information is available. 

Fitbit Update: 7/12/18

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for jumping in here to report your Female health data has disappeared in the Fitbit for Android app. Our team is aware of the issue and will investigate the cause. I noticed many more reports of this coming in starting yesterday 7/11. 

When I have more information or updates, I'll announce them here. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
210 REPLIES 210

I totally understand where your concern is coming from @brinstar! As posted here, our team is aware of this inconvenience and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. As soon as we receive update about this, we'll make sure to keep you guys posted. 

I'll be around. Hope you have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been going on since introduced.  Don't you think you guys would be better off deleting the tile and reintroducing after your team has figured out a fix. 2+ months of glitches with the same response is getting old and ruining your creditability. I don't mean to be rude, but enough of "We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. As soon as we receive update about this, we'll make sure to keep you guys posted"

Best Answer

I can't agree more. I don't get warm feelings that the company is really pulling out all the stops to get this fixed due to how long it's gone on. 

Best Answer

Thanks for adding your comments @Tuabvjs and @luisita14lgSmiley Happy

We really appreciate the time you're taking to report this. This unexpected behavior is not happening with all users, but this issue has been escalated to our team and they are working on finding a fix. Sorry for any inconvenience while we're working on this and thanks a million for your understanding.

In the meantime, let me take the feedback and let's wait. These types of issues are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. Hopefully, it will get resolve soon! 

Thanks again for your understanding! I'll be around in case you have more questions! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All my data is gone, can I get it back?

Best Answer

I have reinputted my data twice. Each time it is deleted a few days later. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Same has happened to me. Very disappointing 😥

Best Answer

Welcome to the Female board @ChezCooper! Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this inconvenience.

As mentioned along this thread, keep your Fitbit app updated. We constantly release updates for bug fixes, feature improvements and more. Robot Very Happy

Don't miss the chance to keep an eye on this main thread for further updates. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating the app is what caused the problem. Customer service has apologized but stated there is no way to recover lost data. This makes the female health portion of the app useless. All other data remained unchanged. I'll go back to using pen and paper to maintain records.

Best Answer

Hey there @TigerInME, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

As mentioned above, please note that we've been working on getting solve this but we're still waiting for our team to give us more details in regards when this will change. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @CherylK31 and @LauraMeisje! Sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. 

Please note that we've been working on getting solve this but we're still waiting for our team to give us more details in regards when this will change. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You can try to re-enter your periods again, but please keep in mind that they can be gone again until this inconvenience is officially solved. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't save the periods from month to month.  I've saved several months worth and it still won't track trends, and looking back it hasn't even saved my past months.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Ladyshay03, thanks for stopping by! Sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you've tried what @jcrigger posted here

Give it a go and let me know if that does the trick for you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All my cycle data is gone today. Not sure why....but its SUPER ANNOYING as i stopped tracking it the old way

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second time all my period data has dissapeared from the app. The first time I was able to salvage some of it, but this time I didnt keep track anywhere but in the fitbit app! What are you doing to fix this issue? Can you restore the data? 

Best Answer

I have been using women's health for 4 months now.   I wasn't getting any notifications yet but my last 3 periods were saved.   Just opened the app today and it is all gone!  I tried turning airplane mode on... nothing.   I tried force stopping the app.... nothing.   Then i logged out of the app and logged back in and it made me answer all the initial startup questions when first using women's health like i had never used it before.  Super frustrating. I'll try for a couple more months but if it doesn't work I'm going back to a separate app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums  @Ozmi, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Robot Happy

Thanks so much for jumping in here to report your Female health data has disappeared from your Dashboard. Our team is aware of the issue and will investigate the cause. At this moment there is no option to revert this, sorry for any inconvenience, as mentioned before our team is doing their best to find a solution to this.

When I have more information or updates, I'll announce them here. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @Frazy029! Our team has been working on getting this solved, but we're still waiting for updates. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your understanding. If there's anything else I may assist you in the meantime, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @Aimeewilso! Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations posted in this thread. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. As soon as we receive update about this, we'll make sure to keep you guys posted. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am adding my voice to the throng. I have been trying to use the female health functionality since it was launched. When my first logged period got deleted, I assumed it was something I had done so I just started again. But now after 2 months of logging successfully, I have gone in niw for month 3 and it's all gone again..i have read this entire thread and there are so many women saying the same thing that I believe your problem is more widespread than you think. By its nature, many women will not look at this in a few weeks then come back to it around their next period and find it gone. I always keep both app and phone software totally up to date so that is not the issue. I am really angry we are losing data - ridiculous that to be safe we should be keeping a manual backup! 

Again, the issue is not with the representatives answering those posts but with the dev team behind who are not prioritising resolution of this on the backlog. Customers are losing importantly health data and the response from Fitbit is wholly inadequate 

Best Answer