Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I agree. The first time I used it, it didn't work. The 2nd time I used
it, it did. I was actually happy with the results. However, I agree that
it would be nifty to have a separate skiing log. But honestly, this isn't
a deal breaker.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you need to be connected to gps to use it and make it look like it did on the Fitbit app details?

Best Answer
0 Votes

is there any way to retrieve ski history/stats? i am only able to see data at the time of use and the general stats on the fitbit bike category. anyway to view individual run data after finishing the day of skiing? thank you. i've seen this question on the forum  but not a definitive answer.

Best Answer

I like this app. I got a lot of good information on the watch. However when the data syncs to my phone, it shows up as 'Bike' and some of the information is not included. For example I don't see the number of runs, or max speed. Instead I get average speed and a graph of my speed for the session. The graph looks like it contains a lot of idle time, so I'm not sure how relevant that metric would be for skiers. There probably needs to be some better accuracy around when the watch detects idle time so less of that would be recorded as activity.

Best Answer

Link your fitbit to strava. Use fit to strava website to sync your fitbit and strava account. By doing this you can change bike to ski and see each run in detail. I

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jon
Looks good, Soon I will be able to use your App. Unfortunately, I could not find a Acitivty on my Iphone which shows me all detail on the phone. Most it takes the Activity "Bike" but I could not find an activity which shows me all the data from your app.
Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes
Down Load strava and change the activity to alpine skiing. You would need to download the tcx on your computer to upload the activity to strava.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this project still alive? 

I like the app as it generates the fitbit exercise, it would be really good to expand this kind of approach to other activities that Fitbit is not good at. One major gripe over Fitbit I have is that it doesn't show altitude in the hiking exercise. The same principle as Alpine Snow could be made for Hiking App, just show me:

- Time

- Stopwatch

- HR

- Distance

- Altitude (absolute/gain)

I would gladly pay $5 for this kind of app and I think many other users would too. Maybe I get into this, but don't have will to programme in free time.

Best Answer

Hello,

I would just upload the .tcx to Strava. It will get you your speed, distance and altitude. The fitbit is designed for stair steppers. I believe that I read that every floor of ascent is 10 ft. 20 floors is 200 ft in altitude.

Best Answer

Totally agree to pay if the app will improved. So far the app track the workout as bike, should be better if changed in something more generic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you change from kilometers to miles, or if you can’t can you please add it in an update? Also can you add the ability to change Celsius to Fahrenheit

Best Answer

Hi Jon,

Appreciate your work, however, i would like to see a "ski/snowboard" exercise in the app. I do not know if this is a request for you or for fitbit. 

Basically, people are interested in having history for: runs, actual ski distance, slope (max slope), ...

Best Answer
Yes I agree completely! The current app is kind of useless in the eyes of a true skier/ snowboarder. There are better apps available for your phone that record the pertinent information so I don’t use Alpine Snow any more.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it your project discontinued?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can this app be used for cross country skiing? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

Ive been using the Alpine snow app for over a year but I’m not sure where I can find the stats once I’ve finished the activity. Is there a place to see the stars within the Fitbit app? 

thanks,

Karen 

Best Answer

Hi Joh,

app logs speed and runs but unfortunately gets stuck and, after that, drains a lot of battery. The only exit strategy is to reset the device. 

I have a (new) Fitbit Versa 3.

Thanks, Elena

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,I installed the app on my versa 3 but didn't connect to the gps and always show the black screen and the message "connecting GPS". Could you help me, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s not an app issue, it’s an issue with the versa 3. It just takes a long time to connect to gps. It usually takes about 1 min connect, 5 min tops. It won’t connect at all if you are inside, doesn’t matter how thin the walls are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this on my Sense, and it hung the watch. The watch would bring up the assistant on a long press, but nothing else would make the display visible. I ended up uninstalling the app via the phone to get control back.

Best Answer
0 Votes