Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Hi there, 

I have the FitBit versa light and when I use this app it is logging my activity under a bike ride, and it’s hard to tell if it’s accurate as I’m not riding a bike. I think the Fitbit is trying to guess the exercise and choosing that.

Do you know how I can get this to track as the appropriate activity? 

Best Answer

I get "outdoor bike" as an activity when mowing the lawn (push mower) or pushing the snow-thrower. If you think of the sensors that are available it makes sense - your heart rate is up, but your hands are not moving as they would if you were walking or running. (no back and forth motion or impact from steps)

Best Answer

There's a few types of activity detection, and bike is the closest in terms of algorithm and it's outdoor with gps.

Best Answer

Hello @JonFitbit 

May I invite you to vote for this suggestion that is UNDER CONSIDERATION since 2018?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Records activity as 'Bike' on my Ionic.

Add vertical feet covered and you'll have a winner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon, You are no doubt already aware of this, but it's a niggle and so worth saying.  Firstly let me say that the Alpine Snow app is great, and a big improvement through recording skiing on my Sense rather than my phone (heart rate and so on).  BUT, the activity records in Fitbit as Bike, and I have found no way to edit the activity back to skiing (I wouldn't mind if I could, but I can't).  This appears to be because the Bike algorithm (or whatever) estimates calories burned, but the skiing activity won't accept it and wants it reset.  Pressing the Reset button next to Calories crashes the edit.  So it doesn't work.  Is there a way around this?

Note that I can edit the activity once uploaded to Strava (in Strava) but it would be nice to have it recorded properly in native Fitbit.  Can it be done?

Simon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so sorry if this is a stupid question! I downloaded your app and installed it on my versa 3. Today was my firs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon, I have downloaded the app and it's not working. Just keeps saying GPS connecting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes