Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Weather message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting weather message to go to kzl.io/bigw to unlock big weather .when I do it says it has to be purchased. Dont want it and cannot get rid of message on my watch. Have tried everything . Someone pls help . Going mad lol thanks everyone now got it sorted , it was the new clock face I changed to so now gone back to original xx thank you all 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Where do I find fitbit watch face?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your app and at the top touch your fitbit picture. You will see the option for clock faces. When selecting a clock face I would try an stick to the fitbit clock faces. If not you will have to pay after a few days of trying it out. It's not bad like a buck and some change for one. And 9.99 for unlimited ones. I actually found one I really liked and just paid the dollar something for it. Good luck and I hope this was helpful 😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sheilamay wrote:

...When selecting a clock face I would try an stick to the fitbit clock faces. If not you will have to pay after a few days of trying it out. It's not bad like a buck and some change for one. And 9.99 for unlimited ones. I actually found one I really liked and just paid the dollar something for it. Good luck and I hope this was helpful 😊😊

This is actually not true. Many clock faces are completely free of charge and the app store clearly identify in the description of the clock face if it's free or not.

Best Answer

What I said is correct. If you want a bigger variety you have to go to the app store that's true. But that wasn't what I was talking about. If you use your fitbit app only to choose a clock face you are limited but they have some nice ones. Once you start dabbling with the bigger apps your risk of viruses go up. So this is why suggested the fitbit app only. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously @Sheilamay?. Definitely you have no idea about Fitbit OS coding. Even virus? You probably you have no idea what viruses are. And anyway you were speaking clock faces costs, now you are changing reason to justify your suggestion.

There are tens of developers out there that are giving their free time to the community with no request of any compensation and you really letting them down with your false comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not arguing with you over a fitbit clock face. Are you serious!! The more answers people get for their questions the more options they have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you  Sheilamay. I found it and solved the problem 😘

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm soooo happy it worked out for you!! Enjoy 😘😘

Best Answer

@Cinira Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm really glad to read that you were able to find a solution in the Fitbit forums and that you are now back on track.

@Sheilamay @Giampi71 Thanks for sharing your experience and help on this thread. 

Don't miss the chance on adding Fitbit friends for challenges and adventurescheck this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Having same problem too did sorting out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you uninstall/ delete? That would be my suggestion to make this a accepted solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Stars2124 I'm not sure what the same probl m might be?

Is the Big Weather Clock asking you this pay for it?

Not all developers want to give their time needed to create an app away for free.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They want to get paid. I found the temp not accurate enough to be worth it.

Take care,

Greg
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ghamptsh the big weather Clock face does not determine the weather, but goes to a website called Dark Sky. If the weather info is off, then the problem will be Dark Sky., Maybe the developers needs to connect with h a different weather provider.

The clock face clearer mentions that it is a paid app costing 1.80 USD

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngrySanta Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting your inquiry regarding how to uninstall/delete apps on this thread. 

If you want to uninstall/delete/remove and app from your watch; please follow the steps shown on this helpful article

If you are looking to delete a clock face to install a new one; please follow the steps shown on this helpful article.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I din’t Want the weather app. How do I delete it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI - they sure made this one VERY confusing by merging faces and apps together. I mean come on... I hope the consider making this easier to understand.

Regardless, out of pure frustration, I removed all faces and selected a non-third party Fitbit face - and also used this to guide me (thanks to support for sharing that link - BUT it's still not intuitive that the obnoxious weather app would spam me with messages every 30 minutes. If I would have know that it was only a 3 day 'trial' I wouldn't have wasted my time on that. SHAME on them for not being clear...)!!!!  Shame...

Anyhow - here is the 'remove' help link (thanks to Fitbit support for answering this in a very timely manner): https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2224#remove

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in this thread @Phil73! If you want to remove a third-party Weather clock face, please follow the suggestions that @SantiR and @AngrySanta shared above. Note that the Weather app made by Fitbit and starter apps can't be removed, including:

• Weather
  • Alarms
  • Exercise
  • Settings

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the weather app message you were getting @AngrySanta. For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Rest assure we are working to deliver better options to our users, so once again thank you for your feedback as this help us to continue our work. Robot Very Happy

See you later and stay awesome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Ghamptsh, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for all the information and troubleshooting steps provided my friend @Rich_Laue. You always right and helpful! Robot Very Happy

To replace the currently watch clock face, go to the "Watch Faces" section on your App (under the settings for the Ionic) and choose any new watch face you want.  Once it downloads, the face on the watch with change and you will no longer have the Big Weather one.

As been said here, all apps and clock faces in the Fitbit App Gallery are free to download. However, some apps and clock faces require a paid subscription service or a one-time activation fee (to a developer). If a developer requires an activation fee, you may see a message in the app or clock face description:

For these apps and clock faces, the developer will process and provide instructions for payment. Many developers use the third party service KiezelPay to accept payment for their app or clock face. For more information, see KiezelPay’s FAQ.

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Rest assure we are working to deliver better options to our users, so once again thank you for your feedback as this help us to continue our work. Robot Very Happy

See you later and stay awesome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started Getting this message about an hour after selecting this clock face.   Now it is a one hour trial and a 1.49 dollar fee.   

Best Answer
0 Votes