Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the today tab open to get new apps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, so I can't get the today tab to open to get new apps. All I want is a flashlight app. THAT'S ALL and for the life of me I can't get the today tab to open to select devices to get a stupid app! I have a fitbit sense, I have an android s22 they're synced and everything. I just can't get the stupid app gallery open. I HATE the new app because I used to just be able to go to the gallery and get apps I wanted. It was easy! I HATE trying to navigate the new fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody! Thank you for your messages and efforts. I've merged all your messages to keep the Community in order as all of them are about the same issue. 

Our team has been informed and are aware of this situation. 
They are working on a solution for this. 

Hopefully it gets solved soon. Please follow the original thread, where we will be posting all the updates regarding this.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

The Customize Clock Face option does not work. After I click on Customize Clock Face in the app, the screen goes blank and turns white and then nothing else happens. 

I cycled the power on the Fitbit device and I reset the Fitbit app on my (Android 11) phone. My device is updated to the latest firmware. 

The clock face on my Sense 2 device is set to Business by Fitbit. I have also tried the Light clock face by Fitbit. It does not work, either. 

All I am trying to do is change the color, which is a feature advertised by both of those clock faces. 

Best Answer

The few times I had the watch face settings not function, I uninstalled the watch face and re-installed it. That usually fixes it for me. I presently am on the most current firmware and Fitbit app version, running Android 14 on a Pixel 6a.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SETHWMD - if you get a blank screen in the app, try logout of the app and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and even reboot the phone if it doesn't help when you try again.

If the problem persists then it is another bug in the new V4 Fitbit App.

Incidentally if you do a light long press on the watch face it will allow you to switch clock faces but not configure them.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

where do you change the clock face? 

Best Answer

The clock face can be changed in the app. In the app, click the icon in the upper left corner (on some versions there will be a battery percentage there). Then, click on the device you have under Devices. Click on Gallery. At the top, click on Clocks. This is where you can select and download new clock faces. 

If you have the most current firmware on your device, you can long press your clock face and select between installed faces (up to 5).

Best Answer

To get to gallery and apps, from Today screen, tap icon at top left (where profile pic used to be) to get to "Connected to Fitbit" screen", then tap your watch, then Gallery, then Apps.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem.

Unfortunately what you suggest doesn't work.

I have tried anything. Turn off... reset... reinstall.... but still I have a white empty screen when I select customize clock face in the fitbit app.

I'm going mad. What else can I do?

Best Answer

Following! I just got a new Versa 4 yesterday and am having the same issue. Can't customize the clock face, just goes to a blank white screen. Tried reinstalling the app, rebooting the device a few times and nada.

Best Answer

Hi All, clicking Customise doesn't appear to have been made operational in the new V4 Fitbit App.

Nor does clicking Settings and/or Permissions just below.

They work fine in the older V3 Fitbit App .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, and how can I install the V3 fitbit app?
Best Answer

Having exact same issues, any word on how to solve?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@maxtecnop  @Peter_Haines  - You can see more in "The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out!" topic in the appropriate iOS or Android app forums along with the other unhappy users where you will see more fully the issues.

Unfortunately it would seem likely you are stuck with this version officially. Though there may be some tweaks over time already mentioned there. This could take months to get this test version (requiring significant reworking) to anywhere near how the previous version was.

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit Community! A Jolly Merry Christmas to all!🎄

First time posting on the Forum...

As the title suggest, I can't edit my clock faces in the Fitbit App - it shows the loading icon for a couple of seconds then just stays on a white screen.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the App, restarted my Fitbit Versa 2 to no avail.

I use a CGM (Constant Glucose Monitoring) watch face and have never had an issue with editing settings, however I am unable to update any settings on any apps... same problem with each of them..

Any suggestions or advice on what to do would help greatly - I'm starting to pull my hair out over this! 😂😂

Best Answer

Hi @SeanMcCabe1995 - this bug in the new V4 Fitbit App affecting many cannot be avoided.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Guy_ ! This advice worked perfectly for me. I went and found the oldest pre 4.0 Fitbit app and now I can customize my watchfaces. Using 3.90 and it all works perfectly.

It is always silly when a company forces through a change that diminishes the experience of their users.

Best Answer

Thanks @Mandabar - don't forget to turn off automatic app updates in the play store or you'll get the V4 app again!

Best Answer

Oh, I've had that off FOREVER. Thanks for the thought though!

Updates rarely improve things I've found. If it's not features being removed or broken it is always something else. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

Best Answer

Every time I try to customize my watchface (i.e color, layout) it just pulls up a blank screen. Anyone else being effected by this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @zincsulfide3688 - the white screen is one of the bugs in the new V4 Fitbit App. No fix available. Fitbit don't officially allow switching back to the previous more stable V3 Fitbit App which is working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes