Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into Uber app (RESOLVED:7/30)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/25/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by the Community to let us know you're having trouble logging into the Uber app. We've escalated this to our developers so they can take a deeper dive into the problem.

We'll keep you updated in this thread. Stay tuned! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 7/30

Hey all! I have some exciting news.

This login issue with the Uber app has now been resolved. Looks like some of you have already had success with logging in again. I'm very happy to hear that! 

Should any of you have issues again in the future, please open a new thread to report the problem. I'm now closing this thread since I've seen confirmation that it is actually fixed. 

Thanks for cooperating with us while we worked to have this resolved. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Brand new versa.  i have uber running on my iphone.  when I try to login to uber on my fitbit, i get the error "Goto Uber Settings in app gallery and log in with your account"

settings in the app gallery on watch doesn't have any thing for uber.  Settings in the phone app for uber gives me a single row admins screen:  login      Login>

when I select login, it jumps to a web browser, and then a popup asks "open this page in Fitbit".  if you say yes, you get back to the login> option (and restart infinite loop).  if you say no, you are stuck in a blank white page.

I am unable to login into uber from my fitbit. 

Please help.

thanks

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer

Hello @RRrider.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up and sharing what is going on.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. They should help troubleshooting the Uber app and get it to work properly.

Keep me posted on how it works or if you have any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've tried what you suggested and the latest version of the app is 1.0.10 however it doesn't work. I have the same problem of the other users, namely, it doesn't allow me to log in. If I press the login button it opens a webpage that immediately closes and nothing happens

Best Answer

Hi,

Im having the same issue having followed the steps many times.

I have also uninstalled and installed countless times 😞

Best Answer

I can't log in it just stay on the login and nothing happens .... i have 1.0.10 

Best Answer

I’m trying to long into Uber on the Fitbit app but whenever I login properly it doesn’t actually login on the app or watch

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 6/26/19

Hey all! Smiley Happy

Great news! Our team has identified the causes of this login issue. Currently, they're already working on the fix. Once it's been released, or I find out the next steps I will let you know here. 

Thanks for all your patience. 

Best Answer

No.  The article did not help. It assumed the setting option “login” takes one to a screen where you can enter the uber username and password. 

That does not happen.  You never get to the authentication screen.  It goes into an infinite loop. 

Fitbit support, after many hours of going around on this, said reset, reinstall, reboot?  Call uber.

this is my third fitbit over several years - and i must say the versa has been a huge, very buggy, disappointment.  A big step down.  Think i am stepping off the fitbit train now.

Best Answer

Any updates on this? Just got a Versa and been trying to login with my Uber account but it just keeps taking me back to the Fitbit app original login screen after I enter all the details. Very frustrating. Have uninstalled the app several times, cleared cache but nothing works 

Best Answer

And just in case anybody's asking why apps are important: ordering an Uber from the watch in shady neighbourhoods is useful when you don't want to flaunt your phone in your hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit any update on the Uber login issue? 

Best Answer

Any update it has been over a week?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and every time I try and login to Uber on the Fitbit app and it opens up to the internet it brings me back to the Fitbit app and won’t allow me to do anything else. Is there anything I can do to change it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

My Uber app on Fitbit won’t go past login page. It either directs me straight back to login page on Fitbit - or shows a blank white screen. Please help. 

Best Answer

Hi @Hrachel1992, welcome to the Community. It's nice to see a new face around.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and sharing that you have an iPhone. This sounds strange, and so I can investigate, may I know if you receive an error message on the Fitbit app or your device? Also, could you please verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the 3.0 version in the App store?

In the meantime, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Remove the Uber app from your watch by uninstalling it through the Fitbit app
  2. Then reinstall the Uber app back to your watch.
  3. Make sure you complete a new setup of the Uber app.

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please keep an eye and I suggest subscribing to the main thread. 

Can't log into Uber app

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve already tired that it still didnt do anything. Every time I click “log in” on my Fitbit app for Uber it always says “open in fit bit app” then when I click “yes” it takes me right back to the Fitbit app
Best Answer

I'm also receiving this issue. I am an app developer so maybe I can shed some light here.

Here's what happens:

1) Have fitbit app on the device, iOS in my case.  I have Version 3.0.

2) Download Uber app on Versa version 1.0.10

3) Go to settings in Uber app pane and tap Login

4) Safari opens and takes me to auth.uber.com and I complete Uber's authentication.

5) I am redirected to a fitbit link which then asks me to open the fitbit app again. However the URL has a portion that says "?error=invalid_scope"

6) The fitbit app returns to the screen in step 3 but is not logged in.

The bolded part tells me that there is an error with the way you are handling your authorization flow between your app and Uber. 

Second you released a "major version" of your app as your last update which usually signifies significant changes under the hood of the app.  This points to a higher likelihood of breaking changes.

Finally if I go to Uber on the desktop and login I don't see Fitbit under the authorized applications section in my user profile.  This also points to an authorization issue.

This isn't something that can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps on the phone or the watch.  You need to have your developers fix your link between Fitbit and Uber. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue and did the same steps no no avail.

I also noticed that even deleting the Uber app on Versa and reinstalling doesn’t clear it to resign up from the start. Stays as if you are already logged in or signed up. Does not give you another code to enter. 

How do you clear the app to start from scratch??????

Aggravating, even more so when having read over and over the same info solutions in order to get it to work and it doesn’t. 

Best Answer