Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECGs on Pixel Watch in Brazil

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got a heart condition and own a Pixel 6 Pro. When i heard the Pixel Watch would be able to perform ECGs, I was thrilled and waited for its launch to get one. So I went to the US, got myself the watch only to learn that there's a restricted list of countries on which the Pixel Watch can perform ECGs, due to regulation issues.

So considering that neither the Pixel phones nor the Pixel Watch will come to Brazil officialy in a nearby future, am I supposed to expect that feature enabled here eventually?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Emartinez378. Welcome to the Community Forums. @t.parker, thanks for stopping by and sharing your insights.

Thanks for posting your question here, I'm happy to hear you were excited to use your new device. I understand how much you'd like to use the ECG app and I'm sorry isn't available in your country. Our team continues working on our products and features to enhance your experience, and your feedback is a big part of that process. Please know that once we have updates about this or any other feature availability, we'll share with you through our official Fitbit page and our Press Release details.

I'd encourage you to share your request and any other suggestion in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can take your it into consideration for new updates or product development. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

If the devices are not officially sold in Brazil then I wouldn't expect the ECG feature to come either.

Best Answer

Hi @Emartinez378. Welcome to the Community Forums. @t.parker, thanks for stopping by and sharing your insights.

Thanks for posting your question here, I'm happy to hear you were excited to use your new device. I understand how much you'd like to use the ECG app and I'm sorry isn't available in your country. Our team continues working on our products and features to enhance your experience, and your feedback is a big part of that process. Please know that once we have updates about this or any other feature availability, we'll share with you through our official Fitbit page and our Press Release details.

I'd encourage you to share your request and any other suggestion in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can take your it into consideration for new updates or product development. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But can you confirm this is an issue fitbit alone can solve? I mean, even if they won't, there's nothing Google can or need to do about it?

Best Answer

@atcasanova Thanks for getting back to me. Additional countries will be added as regulatory clearance is obtained. As mentioned before, see fitbit.com/ecg for future updates since we don't have more details about this information at the moment.

Have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those wondering:
i was able to activate the ECG feature by using a fake location app on my pixel phone along with a VPN app which allowed me to fake my location at Florida.

After that the feature seems to be enabled forever.

Best Answer

@atcasanova Thanks for getting back to the community forums. I'm not sure if this workaround will fix this for others but thanks for trying to help. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

Which apps did you use for fake location and vpn?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't remember anymore. I guess it was NordVPN and any generic app that popped up for "fake gps" in the google play store.

Best Answer
0 Votes