Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for the new Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hate the new look of the app as I and many others have said but this weekend it went rogue.

I took the fitbit with me last weekend but decided to not wear it and left it plugged in back at the hotel.

When I opened the app on Monday---What a surprise!! It told me I had lost two pounds on Saturday and 8 lbs on Sunday.  I had never even opened nor manually logged anything into the app all weekend and needless to say I had not lost 10 lbs over the weekend.

What is up with Fitbit these days???

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Welcome to the Community Forums @brenttaylor! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the new dashboard, we appreciate your feedback.  Our team keeps working to improve your experience with the Fitbit app and our services based on the Community posts, so be sure that this will not go unnoticed.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

You can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience? In this article you'll find helpful information about how to use the new dashboard.

If you're having any troubles using the app, can you please let me know which phone are you using?

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am so glad I denied the prompt to switch to the new interface!

Best Answer

You're so lucky you were asked if you wanted this new version.

I wasn't asked and just ended up with it.  So sad

Best Answer

I am deeply unhappy with the new dashboard. I feel like I know less. I have to scroll up and down to match calories expended to consumed. I used to be able to see 4 updates (days of exercise, sleep, active hours, weight) in the space that now takes up 2. I have to manually count active hours. Visual depicts less info for the sleep time. Why dumb it down?

Plus, it doesn't seem to sync automatically any more - there is a significant lag time.

I wish I could go back in time to NOT change to the new format.

Best Answer

I hate the new app. I don't like the look of the dashboard, it is harder to view on the screen, and ever since my phone updated to this the data has not been analysed accurately. eg for sleep- the graph is correct but the analysed data is not eg it tells me i had no periods awake when there are clearly red lines there (and i know i got up!). Very disappointing. I cannot see what advantages there are (certainly none for my usage profile), 

Best Answer

I accepted the update in the hope that this update would fix the problem with ancient, out-dated Notifications in the old version. (some of which are scammers, whom I have blocked). Needless to say, the Notifications Area was NOT fixed. And why is there a Notification Area if Fitbit is never going to send notifications? I do not like the notices just appearing on the Lock Screen of my phone.

And now the new app version does not make me happy. There was more information on the old screen to be seen at a glance.The requirement of scrolling to see more is not nice.

This movement to a minimalist look, while a nice concept, frequently in implementation is difficult to read in certain lighting. This can be especially true for those with various types of vision issues...

Best Answer

Hi @Dearmeat97@biojessie and @Huskylover. It's nice to see new faces around. @brenttaylor and @SunsetRunner, welcome back to the Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the new dashboard. I understand where are you coming from, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience experienced. Fitbit often reviews the Community to work on our products. While there isn't an option to return to the previous dashboard, we'll make sure to improve the Fitbit app based on your comments. If you have another question, feel free to let me know.

@SunsetRunner, about the syncing, have you made sure the Fitbit app and your Fitbit device are updated to the latest version? Also, do you have other Bluetooth connections turned on? I'm asking this as if there are multiple devices with the Bluetooth on, your Fitbit device may not be able to sync. I'd recommend to close the Fitbit app from the open apps, reboot your phone and verify the All-day sync is enabled in the Fitbit app.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, agreed! I figured I’d go ahead and switch to the new version since they’ll make us switch at some point soon anyway. Huge regret. Everything isn’t separated or easily found anymore.  We have to scroll more than necessary to find each thing as opposed to it being like a grid before of two options in each row...hate this new look and that the challenges aren’t on a separate tab

Best Answer

Same, don't like the new look. Was there any beta testing? I can't imagine a majority of end users would give this the thumbs up.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit, 

thanks for your response. This was an accidental double post due internet connection issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LizzyFitbit, 

Thank you very much for responding. 

In response to your question regarding synching problems, I do not have synching problems at this time. 

However, I am not happy that the Notification Area in the app no longer drops old messages. I have messages that are 3 years old. The only 2 new messages are from scammers who found me in one of the app groups and sent me messages. Why are the old notifications not dropping off? If this area is not used, then why was it not removed in the app update? I only updated the app to the new version in the hope that the old messages would disappear. No such action. 

As a note about the creepy scammer messages, I reported the person, which also blocked them. But their messages are STILL in the Notifications Area, why is this? Those new messages (comments on my old posts from 2-3 years ago) should have been deleted as soon as I blocked the user.

So, as you can see, I am not happy with the new app’s functionality, but also I am not happy that an on-going problem in the old app is still here. 

Best Answer

I'm one of the few who actually don't mind the look of the new app. I've arranged the items to where I'd like them. What I need to see is right there. I like that when syncing, it shows that actual battery %

Best Answer
0 Votes

I HATE IT!

Best Answer

Almost everyone I’ve spoken with about the update hates it. The ones that haven’t updated yet aren’t going to do so because of how awful it is. I bought my 76yr old father a charge2 and put the app on his iPhone and told him to not update the app no matter what. He is starting to have mental health concerns and he would be very confused with the update. Please bring back the old dashboard for the iOS app. It was so nice being able to see ALL of my stats in the same viewing screen without having to scroll through it. This was a very bad update with a terrible design that caused it to become less user friendly. I just hope my dad doesn’t update it by mistake. 

Best Answer

I was asked, then when I went to the new screen I couldn't log exercise, water, NOTHING.  It automatically takes me to my other app ActiveFit.   Wonderful, it's a waste!!!!!  They should have considered all the glitches before changing things.

Best Answer

You're lucky you can see the items.  I can't even access them!  Fitbit is a complete waste and now I have to WAIT until they RESEARCH the issue.  Since it's "unique".  

Best Answer

Hi RottieLover, 

I’m curious, how does one move the bars around? The “Edit” button only allows add/remove as I could see. 

I loved that the tiles in the old app could be moved around. I’m obviously missing something 😕

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard!  We cant place the information in the order we want to see it. PLEASE change it back!

Best Answer

How do you arrange the items in the order you want to see them?

Best Answer
0 Votes