Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Tracking Macros

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would be great if the food tracker in the app showed details on macronutrients (protein, carbs, fiber, fat, sodium, etc). I have to use another app just to track my macros.  

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@RG2018 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in seeing macronutrients on the Fitbit app.

It is currently possible to see them in the app! After you log food, complete these steps to see the macronutrients: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the food tile (which shows your calories in vs calories remaining if you created a food plan).
  2. Under Today, find your daily macronutrients breakdown as compared to your cals in vs cals out.
  3. Swipe the graph at the top to see your macronutrients breakdown over the past week.
  4. Tap the expand icon in the top right to open information about your macronutrients and then tap any particular day to see details. Tap the icon again to close.

Note that you won't see your macronutrients breakdown if you use the option to log calories instead of food. 

Check the Fitbit blog for information about the benefits of tracking macronutrients. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
It still only shows perectage of calories and number of calories for fat, carbs, and protein.

I'm looking for something more detailed like my fitness pal or myplate.

Thank you,

Randall Goss

Sent from Outlook Mobile
Best Answer

Where can I see macros in grams as well as %?

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your ideas in regards to the Macronutrient feature @OlaKsandra and @RG2018. I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Even though this feature suggestion is marked as "No currently planned" it's still open for votes, so please cast a vote for this idea to show your support for it.

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Let @SantiR or me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Also, could it show specifically for each food. That way, if I'm off, I'll know what to adjust.

Best Answer