Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions for setting up the Outlook watch face called "Today"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This step-by-step guide will tell you how to set up your Outlook Calendar to show on the "Today" third-party watch face for the Ionic and Versa.

Step 1:

After installing the third-party "Today" watch face, your watch should look like this:

step1.png

Step 2:

Now click the gear icon on your Fitbit phone app to enter Settings.

face_main.jpg

Step 3:

Click on "Authorization" to begin the login process:

before_login2.jpg

Step 4:

You will be taken to the Microsoft login webpage. Login with your Hotmail, Outlook or Office 360 credentials, then click "Next":

before_login.jpg

Step 5:

It will prompt you to open the Fitbit app again. Click "Open".

return_to_app.jpg

Step 6:

You will be taken back to the Fitbit phone app and in a few moments your watch will begin downloading the latest calendar events.

granted.jpg

Your watch should look like this:

step3.png

Step 7:

After a few seconds it should finish downloading and show this:

step4.png

End guide. 

Tips:

Sync your smartphone's default calendar and todos with Outlook/Hotmail, so that you can create appointments and reminders using Siri/Google Assistant.

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

@EmTe I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to put together these great steps to set up the Outlook Calendar to show on the Today clock face.

I'm sure a lot of users will find this useful. The steps are easy to follow so this is great!

Thanks again for sharing your experience on this thread.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Looks like this watch face has a problem with displaying current month - it says today is Sun, 11 Oct, while in reality it’s November, 11. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @versauser1, it's nice to see you here! I'd recommend restarting your Versa by following these steps

Also, I'd recommend checking the article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? to double check that the settings on your app and watch are set correctly.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, MarreFitbit

Unfortunately your advices did not help, I still have the problem described.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@versauser1 wrote:

Hi! Looks like this watch face has a problem with displaying current month - it says today is Sun, 11 Oct, while in reality it’s November, 11. 

There is an app called "Events" by the same author which does the same thing. You could try that app and see if the month is wrong on it too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here and for trying what was suggested @versauser1! Can you please try what @EmTe advised and let us know if the month is being showed wrong as well?

Looking forward to your reply.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for suggestion. Just checked “events” app - same story, it says “THU 15 * OCT    TODAY”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for letting us know the outcome @versauser1! With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

See you later and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a great suggestion. The beauty of my situation is that 'contact developer' link leads to exactly this page! (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-App-Gallery/Instructions-for-setting-up-the-Outlook-watch-fac...
)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@versauser1 wrote:

Hi, thank you for suggestion. Just checked “events” app - same story, it says “THU 15 * OCT    TODAY”

What timezone are you in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

PST. Auto-setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone and version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone 6, IOS 12.0.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem was also reproduced on another iphone (probably 6s plus).

Best Answer
0 Votes

What gets shown, when you type this in your browser's JavaScript console and press Enter:

new Date(Date.UTC(2018,10,1)).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{timeZone:"UTC",month:"short"});

And also this:

new Date(2018,10,1).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{month:"short"});
Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like other people are having similar issues with clock faces that
display month name:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Wrong-month-on-Versa/td-p/2687622
Best Answer
0 Votes

Chrome:

new Date(Date.UTC(2018,10,1)).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{timeZone:"UTC",month:"short"});
"Nov"
new Date(2018,10,1).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{month:"short"});
"Nov"

Safari:

> new Date(Date.UTC(2018,10,1)).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{timeZone:"UTC",month:"short"});
< "Nov"
> new Date(2018,10,1).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{month:"short"});
< "Nov"

iOS Safari (iPhone 6):

> new Date(Date.UTC(2018,10,1)).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{timeZone:"UTC",month:"short"});
< "Nov"
> new Date(2018,10,1).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{month:"short"});
< "Nov"
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've created a watch face that tries to display the month in the same way on Versa simulator, but according to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Localisation/m-p/2299579#M1503 versa only supports ES 5.1 JavaScript, and toLocaleDateString() doesn't support the formatting options in this version

Fitbit firmware version: 32.32.10.15 (OS 2.1.1)

For some reason fitbit studio sideload works only if you set 'SDK Version' to 1.0.

import clock from "clock";
import document from "document";
import { preferences } from "user-settings";
import * as util from "../common/utils";

// Update the clock every minute
clock.granularity = "minutes";

// Get a handle on the <text> element
const myLabelDate1 = document.getElementById("myLabelDate1");
const myLabelDate2 = document.getElementById("myLabelDate2");

// Update the <text> element every tick with the current time
clock.ontick = (evt) => {
  let date1 = new Date(Date.UTC(2018,10,1)).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{timeZone:"UTC",month:"short"});
  myLabelDate1.text = `Date1: ${date1}`;

let date2 = new Date(2018,10,1).toLocaleDateString("en-US",{month:"short"});
  myLabelDate2.text = `Date2: ${date2}`;
}

IMG_1510.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright, problem has been solved by upgrading firmware to OS 2.2 (32.32.12.19)

Best Answer
0 Votes