Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kilojoules not just Calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m getting back into using the Fitbit app to track my energy intake and output. There needs to be the ability to change the unit of measurement to Kilojoules and not just have Calories. Almost all food packaging in Australia only lists the kJ amount. It would be a remarkably simple programming change as 1 kJ = 0.2 Cal and it would greatly simplify food logging.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

This is an often requested feature and there have been many feature suggestions raised for it. However, if you check this one: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Option-to-show-Kilojoules-in-Dashboard-and-all-a... then you'll see that fitbit have no plans to introduce this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

87CAACEF-6142-42DF-84E5-D5D607B9D03E.jpeg

Noticed this morning that my app on iOS has suddenly started showing kJ! Woohoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get Fitbit to do this? I have a Charge 2. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RosieCharlie026 Fitbit introduced the ability to choose between calories and kilojoules with version 3.1 of the app which was released on July 11. However, the release notes say that the change is only available in "certain regions". I'm not sure what this means so can't say if it is available to you yet.

Try going into the account section of the app, selecting, "advanced settings" then "units" and see if the option to choose is there for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes