Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Countdown App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking for a countdown app that can start a countdown longer than 99:00 minutes. (ex: 5+ hours) I am a flight attendant and have always relied on a countdown to quickly access remaining flight time.

Anybody knows if something is available for that purpose. As of now, I have been using the stopwatch and subtracting to get remaining flight time.

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

@Amelie68 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting your idea for an improved countdown timer app.

Have you tried every timer/stopwatch apps found on the Fitbit App Gallery? I believe there are around 3 or 4 different ones. Have you seen if any of those support the 5+ hours you would like to have?

If not, my best recommendation would be to post your idea on the Feature Suggestions Board. This is the best place to ask for future apps you would like to see. Different developers often check this board in search for cool new ideas, so this is the best place to post them.

Let me know if you submit any ideas there. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If there are apps in there that do it then i'm not searching for the right thing.. i can't find any that have a timer countdown.   i agree with @Amelie68 a longer timer would be nice.. i have often wanted a timer for 4 hours.. and have to set one for 90 and 90 and 60 😞

Best Answer

Hey there @mpacker, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Very Happy Have you checked the Fitbit App Gallery as my friend @SantiR suggested? Up to 39 apps can be installed on your watch at a time. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some apps to install or update. To install an app:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.
  5. Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.

I just took a look at the App Gallery (All apps) and I found the following ones:

• Tabata Timer
  • Beat Counter
  • Pomodoro
  • Cool Stopwatch
  • Stopwatch
  • Stopwatch - simple stopwatch
  • tallyCounter
  • lapCrono
  • Timers - Fitbit

Check them out and see if one of them suit to your needs. Man Wink

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Rest assure we are working to deliver better options to our users, so once again thank you for your feedback as this help us to continue our work. 

See you later and stay awesome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have gone through the apps (on the iphone, is there a way to see them in web browser?)

I do not see all of those that you listed... actually when i do "all apps -> view all" i only see Tabata timer and Stopwatch neither of which are countdown apps.

Pomodoro, Stopwatch, ipacrono are not in my "view all".  (i'm on versa, maybe they are only for ionic?)

timers by fitbit only goes to 99minutes.  I think both me and the OP were looking for something that goes longer than 99 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Amelie68.
This clock face includes an optional countdown to a specific year, month, day, hour and minute.
Appreciate that's not quite what you're asking for but thought I'd share in case it's of interest.
https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/49c4118b-bd57-44f9-8d49-42f854cc6596
Ionic...
ionic3.png
Versa...
versa2.png

Best Answer

Hey there @LeiChat, thanks for sharing these apps available in the App Gallery. I'll try the one for Ionic and see how it works for me. 

Have you tried one of those already? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I created it, so it's a bit of a shameless self plug.

Let me know your feedback.

It was a real pain to code compared to a regular clock face.
The user interface on the settings page isn't great but the SDK doesn't offer a date or time picker (yet) and I opted for dropdown lists as it was simpler to validate the user input that way. There's also a Fitbit app crashing bug on Windows Phone at the moment linked to text input on settings pages which I wanted to avoid too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the SDK functionality, be sure that I will pass this along.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. Smiley Wink

As soon as I test your app out, I'll provide my feedback in case I have one. 

Stay cool @LeiChat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All

Just wondering if there has been any progress on an app that will provide a timer longer than 99 minutes.

I too use loooongg timers at work, up to 5 hours, and would find such a timer really useful.

Best Answer

Hey there @Simmo747, thanks for jumping in here!  Well, not so far my friend. But as I mentioned above, these are the ones available on the App Gallery:

• Tabata Timer
  • Beat Counter
  • Pomodoro
  • Cool Stopwatch
  • Stopwatch
  • Stopwatch - simple stopwatch
  • tallyCounter
  • lapCrono
  • Timers - Fitbit

I encourage you to take the challenge of creating this app. What do you think? Woman Very Happy I'll definitely use it! If you consider being the developer of this, check the article How do I develop new apps for the Fitbit App Gallery? for detailed information of the process. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please give this clock face for Ionic and Versa a try, hope it meets your requirements.

Flight - https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/5d08bfd3-f4af-446c-93bb-738acb0ac4aa

ionic1.pngversa1.png

Best Answer

Please check out the Flight clock face for Versa and Ionic.
https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/5d08bfd3-f4af-446c-93bb-738acb0ac4aa
I hope it meets your requirements.
The clock face has a free 72 hour trial. I would like to offer the first five Fitbit community members that share a photo of them using it on a flight a K-pay code that will allow them to unlock it for free.

versa1.png   versa2.png

The clock face has digital/analogue option and you can customise the background colour.
You can tap the screen to switch between flight stats and activity stats.
Tap the top right corner to unlock the flight stat editing features.

Best Answer

@LeiChat I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing this clock face. Thanks for your effort in sharing the screen shots as well and for sharing the details about the app.

I do believe this will meet a lot of user's requirements. Your offer is awesome! Hope the users will notice this quickly to have the clock face for free! 

Thanks for sharing this! Let's see who gets this first. Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

20180922_185620-1560x2080.jpg

Thanks again @LeiChat . It makes my life so much easier. It is the best tool for flight attendants and frequent flyers for sure!!

Love the new "Start Now" button for the flight time. 😉 Departure times are so unpredictable. Just had a 2 hour delay in VCE due to slot time so this new button is amazing! 

Here's a picture on my VCE-YYZ flight just for fun! 😊

Looking forward to using it tonight again!👍

Best Answer

@Amelie68That's ace. Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also a flight attendant! I work on Monday so I am excited to try it out! Will Share my photo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @SGaustinRobot Very Happy We're looking forward to seeing your photo. 

I'm glad you are a new member in the forums, hope you have so much fun here! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

7707F847-66B4-4AB7-987F-69ABC18E2ADA.jpeg

Thanks for the welcome @MarreFitbit & this is Awesome app @LeiChat! Perfect for my work days. I also love how you can toggle between the flight times and your stats for when you are not flying. I will def share this with all my Fitbit flying friends!

Best Answer

Thanks @SGaustin for sharing. Glad you like it.
Sorry for the late reply. Have sent you a K-pay code via direct message.

Best Answer
0 Votes