Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with App Gallery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I was impressed by the new update. This morning not so much.

Suddenly none of the apps I install can work. I tried Yelp - a useful app on the wrist if there ever was one. I install it and open it and, whimp, no data and it tells me to sync the device. I sync and open again - yelp still doesn't work.

Okay, I think, maybe this is just a bad app. I'll install flipboard - it'll give me something to look at while using the restroom at least.

Whomp... It says it is getting data but never actually get's it.

Okay, maybe I can try the new watchface with the cute cat on it for fun.

Whomp - can't install because suddenly the phone can't find the ionic. Can't find it... roughly 5 minutes after syncing data.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@wookietim

Same issue for me yesterday. I did a factory reset at home via wifi (not bluetooth as I did the first time), and today all is working. Well, I don't have Yelp, but I do have Flipboard. I will try Yelp to see if it updates, too.

EDIT

Yep... Yelp works like a champ. So I'd wager an unpleasant factory reset is in your future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. If I have to do yet another factory reset then the reset device is being returned to fitbit with a request for money back. 

This stuff is not rocket science nor is it bleeding edge tech. Connecting over bluetooth or wifi is pretty average. A $300 device should not need factory resets every week to continue working.

So if that is the answer fitbit will lose a customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wookietim

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just telling you what worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, not yelling at you - this is directed at any fitbit employees that might read this.

Their answer on help is always "Well, reset your device". Point blank, that is now unacceptable. For the last 3 weeks in a row I have went through factory resets to get the **ahem** thing to talk to my phone. My phone is on their list of compatible devices so they can't even argue that side. Point blank I have reached a point where if they tell me that one more time, it's over between me and fitbit.

Fitbit has NEVER gotten it's syncing issues resolved. When it was a $50 device, okay. When they charge $300 it is at that point that their tech to talk to a phone ought to be ironclad. They seem to never quite get syncing with a phone working and, point blank, after 10 years that is the one bit of tech they ought to actually have down... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain, but after paying $298.56 for the thing, I'm going to bend over backwards to make it work for me. And a factory reset is just an hour out of my day. Hell, I've had to factory reset my Samsung S8 twice, and the Fitbit only once, so I think I'm ahead for the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would make the 4th time I have done a factory reset on this device. I actually have bent over backwards at this point and my back broke doing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't seem to see yelp to install it?.  Is Yelp only available in the U.S?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do a factory reset? Have you tried just resetting the Ionic by pressing and holding the bottom right and left buttons together for 10 secs? It's a quick reboot that often sorts out a lot of problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes