Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify & Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is Fitbit going to partner with Spotify to bring better music to the watch. This is a no brainier for me and so many others. Spotify is the #1 music service in the business!  I love using fitbit but am considering moving to another watch that supports better music streaming. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Welcome on board @jdhansen, it's nice to see a new member around! I'm afraid to say we don't have a time-frame on when this might be implemented. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that there is a Spotify control app under Fitbit apps that
works well enough for now. But you need to have your phone near by... I too
wish the full Spotify would work with just the watch alone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious what mobile device you are using. I'm not sure whether it's a watch glitch, Spotify HR or Android. I have the ionic paired in classic Bluetooth on

phone. I see the Spotify control menu on my ionic screen when I have Spotify playing on my galaxy s7 edge. I can see selections for playlist on ionic & all other on screen ionic control options for Spotify, but i cannot change the playlist. In fact, I cannot get remote control ionic Spotify HR functions to control any functions of Spotify running on Android phone. I'm ready to scream. I was loving this watch as a Christmas gift, but I'm now getting worried. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit ionic is the third Fitbit I own. 

I’m super disappointed with my ionic. It’s SUCH a hazzle to sync my watch with the app. Sometimes it takes days to get a connection. I did not have the same issue with my charge2 and blaze. 

It connected so quickly. 

I only upgraded since since I wanted gps in my watch. 

The second thing that bothers me with the ionic is that there is no Spotify connection, just some weird app called Deezer. 

I’m seriously thinking of buying a Garmin, it sucks that it’s impossible to get it synced with the app.

Best Answer

We have been waiting since 2017 for Spotify and guess what still nothing please please please do it I bought premium and I don’t want to buy another one just because it’s on Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Format & added label 

Best Answer

Hi @Bh2oman. This idea has been posted in the New Feature forum. Tap here to add your vote. The Ionic and Versa both allow music from Pandora but you are not streaming the music. Pandora allows premium subscribers to actually download a couple playlists to the Fitbit smart watches. Spotify is a streaming service. I don’t know if they allow a subscriber to download music to a device. That is where the problem may arise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Brady Waterman
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bh2oman Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your request about having Spotify available for Fitbit watches. Thanks for being a Premium user. 

Just as @SunsetRunner informed on her post above; this ideas has been suggested already to the Fitbit team. I do understand its been a long time since it was posted, however, there are no updates regarding this yet. Please note that there is a suggestion on Spotify's forums too (see the suggestion's comment); please vote for it.

In the meantime, you can download music to your watch, use Pandora, or use Deezer.

I will let you know if I find any updates regarding this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I download my Spotify playlist to my phone all the time.

Fitbit should make it easy to do the same to my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geo1952 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting your input on this thread regarding Spotify.

Feel free to vote for the Feature Suggestion here. Feel free to also leave a comment on the idea. The more support, the better.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same .probably going to get a Garmin so I can use Spotify and sync easier. This watch has kinda been a pain. 

Best Answer

@Je25 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread regarding Spotify for Fitbit watches. 

Please help us supporting the idea by voting for it:

You can also leave a comment on the idea to show support. Additionally, on the idea comment, you will see a link for the Spotify suggestion at Spotify forums. Help us by voting for it as well. The more support, the better! 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now scanned trough many pages on the big internet to try to figure out if Fitbit Ionic is compatible with Spotify app, but it seems not to be... This was an unsolved problem last year too, can any from Fitbit tell me a bit about whenever the prosess of getting the Spotify app into Ionic is in any progress. I know it has other music apps, but for us who lives outside of USA, we aren't compatible wit that, when I try yo enter pandoras music app, it goes straight to

"Pandora isn’t available where you are… yet.

Pandora is only available in the U.S. right now – but we are working on bringing our music service to other parts of the world."

This is really too bad, cuz everyone (Almost) is using Spotify!
Hope to see this going the users way. And with an update we can all get Spotify in our Ionic watches (Bought in  June, 2019)

Hope to hear from anyone soon!
Best Answer

Hello @Ceccius to get an answer from Fitbit, you will need to contact them. 

Seeing that this is in the community forum I can suggest adding your vote to 

Spotify & Fitbit Ionic

To be honest, we as users do not know if there is an issue. It could be that the issue is on spotify' a side. We do not know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the replay, where do I contact them ? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue * Thanks for the replay, where do I contact them ? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

In your app under account is a link to help. Contact info will be found there. 

Look down at the bottom of this page where you will find a link to help. Contact info will be on the next page. 

Look at the top right of this page. Click on your avatar. Contact info will be in the slide out menu. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue thanks! I found it myself yesterday, so I sent them an email, waiting for response 👍🏻🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new Versa has Spotify when is the ionic getting it? Little slow to the punch here fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can not say since the new Versa hasn't even been released. In fact I doubt many Fitbit users will be able to answer this. 

Maybe keep an eye on blog.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes