Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify & Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is Fitbit going to partner with Spotify to bring better music to the watch. This is a no brainier for me and so many others. Spotify is the #1 music service in the business!  I love using fitbit but am considering moving to another watch that supports better music streaming. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Agree. Even though your post and mine are likely to be deleted or generate warnings or censure from the admins, much like my previous posts on this topic, it's still valid.

These guys are clowns. Instead of doing what the market has been begging them for, for years, they are, well who knows what they're doing exactly? Meanwhile companies that are new to the market are gradually getting better and better, there should be no reason that Samsung of all companies has been allowed to catch up and arguably start out innovating Fitbit.

For whomever sees this post before it gets deleted, I reiterate what the other person said. do not ever count on this company launching Spotify support, it being offline, or it coming to the watches that the company has even promised it is coming to.

Look to alternatives. I have had to get devices from Samsung, Apple, and Garmin over the last two years as alternatives to my first versa, my altas , and the two charges I had.

They are not perfect, but the upsides far outwe igh the Fitbit downsides these days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm tired of waiting around for two years. I emailed the Fitbit developer support and Spotify developer support to asking permission to their open APIs to built an app. they replied saying we don't support third-party app which work on our platform which is not intended to as official app. Fitbit doesn't want to open their Music API and Spotify said they want their product for offline usage at the moment. I think both companies have legal stuff to handle given their support with other brands. I might well move on to Garmin Venu or Apple watch in next month. sell off my Fitbit ionic. 

Best Answer

I just acquired an Ionic (used) and an Inspire for my daughter. Was really excited to jump into wearables and exercise outside without lugging around my phone and I this (and other) Spotify support and that Ionic does offline.

Come to find out, those two are not compatible. I had called customer service for help and was only told this after 1 hour on the phone and side-loading your App onto my Mac (not available in Mac App Store?). I apparently can load MP3's stored on my computer (who has those today?) or load from Pandora (not the service my family uses, or many others https://www.statista.com/statistics/293749/spotify-pandora-number-active-users/). Very frustrating Customer Support, not to mention having a set of devices don't meet my needs.

Add onto that that the Spotify App didn't seem to show all my library. I had mentioned this at the beginning of the call, but after an hour and the main issue not being solved this got totally forgotten. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear you also have to go through the exact trouble I had. It is disappointing, Fitbit couldn't provide this feature to one of their high-end product. I had blaze before and the reason I upgraded to Ionic was to get out for a run without having to carry my phone along with me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CLangsjoen I know it's been a while since you posted this but I've had an Ionic for a while and still in mid-2020 we don't have a way to download offline music. What is the point of using a buggy Spotify app during a workout when I still need my phone? Anyways, my "water-resistant" Ionic just died from water exposure and I'm looking for a new watch- Garmin is 100% the way to go it seems because it has so much more information on the screen, the GPS isn't jumpy like on the Ionic, and YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM SPOTIFY onto the watch, hundreds of songs. I don't get what Fitbit's issue is, and I've been with them for years too. Sad to have to leave but it's just not worth a premium price for a mediocre watch.

Best Answer
Which Garmin do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Right now I'm still doing research, but it looks like the Garmin vivoactive 4S could be a good option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

vivoactive 4 or Venu (if you need a brighter screen). But both has same functionality. you would even save some money with Vivoactive as it more often goes on sale. 

Best Answer
Good to know. Thank you for sharing this info!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I activated my Deezer 90 days premium offer to try it out with Ionic. offline song download is easy with it. But the **ahem** Ionic won't stay connected to my bluetooth earphones and kept dropping the connection and it was just frustrating. this just made my decision to move away from Ionic and Fitbit's solution to this problem, you have to disconnect the Fitbit device from your phone and earphones then reconnect whenever you want to resolve this issue. I gotta say I'm impressed with Deezer flow ( similar offering like Spotify discovery). 

Best Answer

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions, I was looking into the Vivoactive 4 but was hesitant because the screen wasn't as bright or clear as the Ionic. The Venu looks like a great option! I will definitely be moving away from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Any updates on Spotify offline playlist on versa 3?  I purchased yesterday believing it was possible and spent few hours reading blogs to find out it is not.  Returning it today for cheaper Versa 2 since I still have to have my phone and Fitbit watch to run listening to music any way.

Best Answer

ANY UPDATES 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For more information on the Spotify App, check out our website: musconv.com . You look forward to transferring and to store all your favorite playlists. You can use MusConv Tool for multiple Playlist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please prioritize spotify offline support? 

See for instance   https://www.mightyaudio.co.uk/ for inspiration. 

This device works great for running but it would be much easier for me to just use my fitbit instead

Ken

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm steel trying to believe that the Sense smartwatch that costs 300€ doesn't allow to reproduce offline music on Spotify. Beside the fact that this is non sense, the frustration feeling after a big investment purchase, nobody takes me know..

Best Answer
0 Votes