Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify & Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is Fitbit going to partner with Spotify to bring better music to the watch. This is a no brainier for me and so many others. Spotify is the #1 music service in the business!  I love using fitbit but am considering moving to another watch that supports better music streaming. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Hi all! I am happy to announce that the Spotify App is now available for Versa 2. 

The Spotify app allows you to control the music playing on the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or another device, and to like songs and switch between playlists. The Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback.

For more information on the Spotify App for Versa 2, check out our blog post

As I mentioned, the Spotify app is currently only available on Fitbit Versa 2. For those of you with an Ionic, Versa, or Versa Lite, our team is working to have this update available. So please, check back later for an update that allows you to install the Spotify app on other Fitbit devices.

As always, if you have additional questions please let me know below. Thanks all!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Fantastic News!!

How long do you think we will have to wait?

Thanks

Tim

Best Answer

Any chance that the Spotify app for the Versa 2 (and others) will support offline music playback in the future?

Best Answer

Dear @MattFitbit

I was interested in purchasing the Fitbit Ionic because, as a runner, the GPS is crucial for workouts and because my current device -the Fitbit Surge, TB I know- has begun to completely deteriorate with the bands barely hanging on and the HR sensor becoming extremely scratched. When looking for a new device I saw that the Ionic checked almost all my boxes, except functional onboard music storage. The only way I could play music off the watch without owning it (which no one does nowadays) was to have a premium account for Pandora or Deezer which is nothing I would ever consider paying for and have never heard of anyone using. Spotify is the way to go. Then I heard Spotify WAS coming to Fitbit devices, but none of the good ones. The Versa 2 is practically the same worthless junk for runners that the original was because it lacked onboard GPS. Not only does the "new Spotify app" come on the most pointless device but it lacks the feature most critical on a device where you CAN download music, the ability to download music from the Spotify app. I've loved Fitbit and I've been with you guys for over 5 years now, but it's hard for me to rationalize spending this much money on a device that is miles behind the affordability and features other brands like Garmin bring to the table. This was a longwinded way of saying please tell me offline music and ionic Spotify support will be coming.

Thanks,

Casey 

Best Answer

Has their been any update on getting Spotify for the Iconic + others? Also when will Fitbit Pay be more user friendly outside of the USA?

Best Answer

We have a Family Premium Spotify account and the new Versa 2 I just received today is telling me I don't have a Premium account.  When is the interface going to be updated to recognize Family Premium accounts?  Our family doesn't need multiple premium accounts but we all have different tastes in music.  One of the reasons I updated to Versa 2 was the Spotify access/

Best Answer

Hi when are you planning to deploy a spotify app for ionic? 
Its hard for me to belive that I get this device and there is no official spotify app from fitbit. 

Best Answer

This is absolutely ridiculous, no offline and not available for Ionic even though it´s you´re most expansive product. Garmin and Samsung have Spotify offline for many of their products and have had it for a while now, but Fitbit seems to take ages to get with the game and when they do it´s a half **ahem**-ed solution that really is very limited. O2 sensor still not accessible for any usable info´s, Spotify only online and getting playlists from Deezer is painstakingly slow and difficult. I bought a Versa for my GF for Xmas and I have already replaced it with a functioning Garmin for her. I guess I will be changing my Ionic to a Garmin or a Samsung very soon.  

Best Answer

So, are we going to wait another year for Spotify on Ionic!?

I am loosing my patience and seriously thinking about replacing my Ionic with Apple Watch. The only reason am waiting is the battery life. I don’t really want to charge my watch every day, but eventually I may have to!

Spotify website already list Ionic for some time;

Supported devices

• Fitbit Versa / Fitbit Versa Special Edition
  • Fitbit Versa 2 / Fitbit Versa 2 Special Edition
  • Fitbit Versa Lite
  • Fitbit Ionic

https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/fitbit/

Best Answer

Is there an ETA when the Spotify app might come to the Ionic?

Best Answer

Any update on the ionic getting Spotify?? 

Best Answer

What is the latest on Spotify and the Ionic - we have just bought an Ionic are subscribers ti Spotify and very surprised to find we can’t use it.

Best Answer

Matthew... when is the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news please - Fitbit you must be able to say something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long will it take for Spotify to be available for my ionic watch.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa lite. The Fitbit app shows that I can get spotify,  but when I go to download it, the "download " button doesn't even highlight red,  so I can't get it to pair.  It says I need to make sure both are updated,  and they are... 

Best Answer

Thank you. I have a versa and have been waiting for this app forever!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been an update yet for Versa? My Fitbit Versa and Samsung Galaxy S10+ is up to date but the install button for Spotify is disabled. Requiring an update...

Best Answer

I see Spotify in my apps list, but can't install.. Says I'm not on latest version.  But according to my device and all the troubleshooting steps to try to ensure I have the latest all bring me back to the same firmware.  Annoying Fitbit!! 

Best Answer

I used Deezer on my Versa and it was great cause I could download all my music into my watch, why can’t you do the same with Spotify?? Better than having to lug your phone around the gym! 

Best Answer
0 Votes