Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify & Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is Fitbit going to partner with Spotify to bring better music to the watch. This is a no brainier for me and so many others. Spotify is the #1 music service in the business!  I love using fitbit but am considering moving to another watch that supports better music streaming. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

@SHEA49 @SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in a Spotify app for Fitbit Versa.

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the following idea:

Please add your vote to that suggestion. The more votes, the better.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

What is the point of even having the ionic? I bought it because I thought I could leave phone at home and now I have to wear it and carry phone for Spotify. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mgrear12 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest on a Spotify app for Ionic.

Currently, it is only possible to control Spotify music on your phone through the watch. 

I'd recommend voting for the following Feature Suggestion:

However, there are more app options for you to download on Ionic:

Stay tuned to the Spotify idea for updates. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Na. Nevermind.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Na, never mind what ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Mgrear12 Thanks for your replies. Can you provide more details? Have you tried any of the other options Fitbit has to offer at this moment to download playlists to Ionic?

Keep me posted if you need more help and make sure to support the Feature Suggestions about Spotify for Fitbit watchesSmiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I decided to return the Fitbit. I wanted a device I could run with without carrying a phone. That was one of my main priorities. Spotify is the largest music application and it’s disappointing that Fitbit does not have a contract with them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mgrear12 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

Sorry to see you go! Hopefully, this feature will be available in the future. In the meantime, Fitbit offers the apps posted here

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

it also appears about 8,000 people feel the same way, have commented and liked the Spotify suggestion and it's now been over a year since the original features suggestion and no update at all? come on, don't keep directing us to the feature suggestions if you have no intention on listening to us. you'd think for a company that runs the tracker market would work with the company that runs the streaming market but clearly, corporate execs are more worried about making products comparable to apple watches rather than giving their consumers what they want. 

Best Answer

feature suggestion boards are USELESS. why even bother having them if you don't ever listen to your consumers?!?

Best Answer

Hey there @mcorrell89! Thank you for the thorough feedback. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

As mentioned here, I'd recommend voting for the following Feature Suggestion:

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsWoman Very Happy

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit,

I wish you could put Spotify on the versa because I live in Australia and a lot of other people in Australia and other countries can't use Pandora and may not like Deezer and would like Spotify so please could you put it on there. 

Regards Laura

Best Answer

Have you contacted Spotify to ask if they will partner up?

Voted for the request?

Spotify for Ionic/Versa

Fitbit can not do anything without Spotify approval.

Best Answer

Agreed, Spotify needed! Please add, you are missing a huge amount of people by only having Pandora. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @ViktorL and @laura999! I was wondering the same than @Rich_Laue. Have you guys voted for this suggestion already?

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let us know if you need further assistance guys! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Koenko! Thanks for sharing the link for the suggestion "Spotify for Ionic/Versa". Robot Very Happy Hope you you've commented and voted for this great idea! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This absolutely needs to happen!

Make this happen please!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thunderkat Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your interest on having this app available for your watch.

Please add you vote and comment to this idea. The more votes, the better.

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My whole family received Fitbits for Christmas. There has been talk for a long time about getting Spotify as a feature. We are planning to return these devises tomorrow unless we know that Spotify will be available soon. What is the timeline here?

Best Answer
0 Votes