Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went to Starbucks and tried out the app. It worked perfectly!

When it was time to pay, I had my Starbucks Card up on my Ionic and ready to scan. I said I wanted to scan to pay, and he said "Apple Watch" I said "No, Fitbit!" He looked surprised and smiled. He scanned the barcode on the Ionic, and voila! Payment made!

It was very easy to connect my Starbucks Card with the app.  I love it!

P.S. I used the exercise app on my walk to Starbucks, and the GPS worked great. I like the exercise app, seems to work well. Although I am unsure how auto-pause works, when I stopped at crosswalks it did not pause, maybe I need to be stopped longer for it to initiate? EDIT: I looked into the Walk settings and noticed there is no Auto-pause for it. Maybe it is not needed? I don't know, I would like one. 🙂

Anyways, I am very happy with my Ionic so far.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Oh my gosh! After resetting multiple times, deleting the app, opening closing... IT FINALLY WORKS! Thank you! Deleting those extra numbers did it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any news on getting the Starbucks app outside the US?

Best Answer
0 Votes

"i don't know my starbucks card number anymore, since putting it in to the Iphone App and Wallet years ago, i don't have the card anymore. Anyone know how where i can find the real card number?"

"Never mind, i finally found it"

Where did you find it? I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PuffinMusket Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting the situation you are experiencing with your Starbucks card.

You can try searching for it on the Starbucks app. If you don't find it in that app try contacting Starbucks as they may be able to provide you with help. 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it! 

Instructions for the record, for anyone else looking:

1) Open the Starbucks app on your phone and click pay as if you were about to pay in store. The barcode with your complete card number below it will open up on screen.

2) Enter this number in the settings of the Starbucks Fitbit app in the Fitbit mobile app on your phone

3) Then (very important), open the Starbucks app on your Fitbit watch at the same time in order to get the two devices to sync. 

Best Answer

Hey there @PuffinMusket, thanks for jumping in here and for sharing the steps that worked for you! Woman Very Happy I'm pretty sure they will be of help to other users who may be asking for the same. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. I put in a gift card. Do you have to enter the secrurtiy code?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Hiimbob121, thanks for jumping in here! To make a purchase, open the Starbucks app on your watch and hold the watch face near the reader.

Visit https://www.starbucks.com/ or use the Starbucks mobile app to register your card, check your card balance, view rewards, or reload your card.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything to get my Starbucks card to sync to my new Versa and nothing is working. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled, restarted the Versa, synced multiple times, made sure the number was correct etc. The Versa is still saying no card is loaded. Any advice? I have the mobile app on my Samsung Android phone. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the problem with fitbit.  how much testing did they do before releasing this to the public.  I too get this SE version for Starbucks and music on my wrist and neither working but yet

I can change the face of my watch

I can install and uninstall apps

Installed full firmware updates and OS updates

I Can sync all data from phone to watch and vice versa

yet it cant add this little 16 digit number to my starbucks app to make it work, or see a playlist on my PC.  I dont think wifi or any of that has anythng to do with the fact the product isnt ready yet

Just no way they didnt encounter these problems before releasing it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Versa and the starbucks app was already installed on my fitbit but I can't figure out how to add the card number. When I click the icon on my Versa it tells me to set it up in the app. When I got to my account the Starbucks app doesn't even show up as being on my phone. HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im pretty convinced the starbucks app is defective and the few that got it to work are using a different version or something.    

There is a program called barcodes,  that program had no problem accepting the 16 digit number plus made a barcode for it it and it uploaded

plus no problems chanign clock faces and installing and uninstalling apps.  So they need to redesign the starbuck app - something is really messed up with it.

Think about this, people writing programs for fitbit that have limited expereince are making apps that work but yet the mighty starbuck app that should be a pro written thing doesnt work.. 

FIX THIS FITBIT  quit wasting peoples time with wifi connections and all that. If every other syncing uoploading function works besides starbucks  THEN THE PROBLEM IS THE STARBUCK APP

Best Answer

Hey there @PickelSlurpee@Shelleyblue582, and @mcd86, thanks for stopping by! 

You can try registering your card at the Starbucks webpage or using the Starbucks mobile app. That should work! Please check this article for more details regarding adding a Starbucks card.

Keep in mind that Starbucks app in Fitbit App Gallery is US/Canada only. To install the Starbucks app during initial setup, you must tap account settings and set their country to US.

Hope this helps, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is the APP.   Its not reading the data being put into its data section on the fitbit app.  There is nothing different about this app then anytthing else that can install or delete. not one other program is having this problem that I have installed yet. 

Liek i said Im convinced the only people who have this working are using a different version of the app or have not updated to the newer OS . 

WIFI and regiested cards and sync would effect all apps but if only the starbuck app  doesnt work that would be a problem with the app.  The starbucks app will uninstall and install without a problem so all this sync and wifi stuff is proben good just with that alone.  The problem is the starbucks app is not reading the data (where you input your card number) and thats why no one can get a card to work because the app is hosed up somewhere

Now maybe if FITBIT would start really testing the app instead of the crap answer their twitter gives you.  JST ADMIT IT FITBIT, THE APP DOESNT WORK -  its not one of these deals where suddenly after 50 tries it starts working.  It should be working as quick as installing and uninstalling it does

The fitbit twitter answer is to - tap the icon,  hit apps,  put the card number in and sync it and it will work   GUESS WHAT - THAT IS ALL YOU SHOULD NEED TO DO

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, the Starbucks app is NOT working on my Ionic. I am connected successfully via Windows 10, and Fitbit Ionic is Version 27.33.1.30.

The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled and the device restarted.

Just doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this an official Starbucks app? I added it to my versa 2 mid-May. Went to get a coffee a couple days ago and  and someone drained my entire balance in one trip at the end of May. My phone app says it was an instore purchase. I don't even have a physical card, only digital. I've been staying home with the pandemic going on, haven't been to starbucks since January  or February. Pretty upset that my balance (over $30) is gone. Thank goodness I don't have it set to automatically reload.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!  How did you delete the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes