Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking someone with dementia

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My spouse has dementia and wanders off from time to time. Is there a Fitbit/Fitbit app combination that I can use to track her whereabouts via my phone? If she would carry her own phone, this would not be an issue but she can't so I need her to have some kind of wearable device (that she will actually wear) so I can track her movements. I'm sure that there are lots of folks out there experiencing this issue with a family member or relative so if there is nothing currently in the Fitbit family that enables me to do this, maybe they could add it to the Fitbit wish list. Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Fitbit is probably not a good choice, but here is a thread with a few other suggestions:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-4/Versa-4-GPS-inquiry/m-p/5256291/highlight/true#M686

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow - Thanks - it's a pity Fitbit doesn't address this ever-growing market. They are ideally positioned to take advantage of it. Thanks for the crosspost referral - I am checking out these devices now as I write. One of my hurdles is getting my spouse to carry one of these devices, that's why if it was embedded in a Fitbit watch/tracker type of device, it would be a lot easier. I might just have to go with one of my Apple trackers and figure out a way to make sure that she always has it on her person somewhere. Thanks for the fast response - very much appreciated. - Ray

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ray94903  Are you saying that Apple Watches do have a solution to this?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes