Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206
Thank you and I agree so much with your and others sentiments about Fitbit as a whole I’ve bought an I watch. Bye bye 👋 Fitbit.

Thanks
Phillip

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Go Fitbit on app on your phone. On my Vesa it shows a watch and a battery indicator. Choose that. Then choose Apps. My apps comes up. Scroll down to Weather app. Settings will show under the current weather. Choose settings. There you will find the ability to change your temperature from F to C or the other way around. 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @SavageJo@WildflowersW! I'm glad to hear that the steps shared along this thread have worked. Great! Woman Very Happy 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Hi there @Tegandoo! Sorry to hear you go. Please don't hesitate to ping me out if you need further assistance with anything else. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The solution you provided does not work. I switched all unit to metric and the temperature is still showing in deg F. This is really bad. We shall be able to select Deg C even when using imperial unit.

Best Answer

1.) Make sure you've updated the app and the  operating system is at v3.0. on the watch

2.) From the phone app, under advanced settings, set the watch units to Imperial (feet & miles).

3.) Go to the weather app options page (still on the phone app), and set the units to metric (Celsius/centigrade).

4.) Using the phone app sync the watch and phone. 

You should be good to go with miles and Celcius working together.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi @MyriamDube, welcome! If cannot change the units as described here, please check and follow what my friend @PCsurgeon has posted here.

To set up the Weather app on Fitbit Charge 3, see Weather.

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Fitbit Ionic now showing weather only in Celsius..used to show in F.  Can't find where to change it back.  Weather app is iffy...really love the concept...need to fix it.

Best Answer

Not sure if you ever figured out your issue. Im in the US and mine is set in miles but weather was displayed in Celsius. I went into the Fitbit app on my phone then into my apps and clicked on the weather app and changed the setting from C to F. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

When I use this app, it tells me it has to sync to my phone which implies that 'all-day sync' has to be on which runs the phone down so I may as well us one of the three weather apps on my iphone and remove this weather app on the fitbit, unless someone can help on that of course.

Dennis Golding

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like it's fixed in Charge3. In Fitbit App go to Charge3 icon -> Apps -> Weather -> Setting icon -> Unit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @dkalina@MSooter and @DenGoldingTo set up the Weather app: 

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon (> your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which can't be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  5. Sync your device with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your device.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hey there @GarfieldNow! Glad to hear it works now on your Charge 3! Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my Android cell phone, I am using Fitbit 2.84 and my watch is showing version 28.20001.49.45. From the phone app, I set metric for all units. The temperature is still show def F on the watch. In Canada, we use deg C. I also tried the windows from from Windows Store, same result.

Update: I can select the unit from the weather app. That worked. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @afh and @MyriamDube!I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I prefer Fahrenheit and I followed your directions carefully. It still shows as Celsius on my FitBit Ionic. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm thinking that my Ionic wasn't quite compatible with my phone, which was
an old Samsung Galaxy S4. I'd been planning on getting a new phone, and
finally did. Now everything is working fine on my fitbit....so I'm really
thinking it was the phone. My location changes on the weather app...it
easily connects to wifi that I've got entered...no more problems!
Fahrenheit is staying put....don't have any other explanation. Not to
mention that I'm now getting notifications for texts and emails and phone
calls....which wasn't happening before with the old phone.
Good Luck!

--

dkalina
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s weird that should of worked. I have a Versa so not sure how it works on the Ionic. Are u in the U.S? If your not in the U.S it might be reading temp based on ur location and what is normal there. You can try updating your location in the weather app also to see if that works. Also I’ve read that if you have your settings to kilometers it defaults to Celsius so maybe try changing that portion of it and see if that helps.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I have selected Feet, Miles; Pounds; oz.; and Yards. Temp still shows as Celsius, not the desired Fahrenheit. ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LC_Smith,

The weather app was updated.  Run the Fitbit App on your phone and go to the settings on the weather app (under Apps Gallery).

There's a setting for Temperature Unit.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Perfect, problem solved. Thanks.

Best Answer