Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

I've realised this actually bothers me more than I thought it would. I initially thought I could live with the temperature set as Celsius and the distance as kilometres, but seeing my distance as kilometres on my Ionic is proving to be a big problem now.

I think I'm going to have to switch to Miles and Fahrenheit, but this renders the weather app completely useless to me. Very poor oversight in my opinion. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@dannyb2100 @N8teGee I've relayed your feedback to the team to see if it's possible to create a unique setting rather than using that association.

Definitely needed 

Best Answer

Don't understand why the temperature setting on the app is based on your unit of length. As I live in the UK I want to have my setting as miles and Celsius as that is widely accepted as the standard here.  But I have been told by fitbit support you need to have kilometres set to have Celsius and miles set to have Fahrenheit.  Surely it makes sense to have a separate unit of preference setup.

Best Answer

I totally get what you're saying, however, I think Fitbit (As most companies do), go with the largest audiences choice.  Meaning, most people who chose Miles will also usually chose Fahrenheit (US) and most people who chose Kilometers will also chose Celsius.  It makes sense from a broad standpoint.  Maybe one of the NEW app developers can do something with this, so it is a customizable option on both sides?

Just a thought!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

This was mentioned ina previous post to which Fitbit responded positively. If fitbit don’t update their app then I’m sure there will be several weather apps in the app gallery shortly 🙂

Best Answer

Another vote here for temp in celcius and distance in miles. Actually surprised the weather app made it this far to final product without being able to change individual settings.

For £300 the Ionic settings screen within the fitbit app on the phone looks like it was designed by someone only learning how to do design.

Best Answer

I imagine if the app development is open to devs, it wont be long before there is a slew of weather apps available. Won't have to rely on fitbit to provide your weather needs.

Best Answer

Yet another vote to allow customization of distance separate from temperature units.

Best Answer

Hey all, just got the Ionic and I love it so far. But I'm having trouble with the weather app on it. I got it to get me my weather, but the temperature is in Fahrenheit and not Celsius. And I'm a Canadian. How do I get it to switch? I've checked the help articles here and tried fiddling with the settings on the Fitbit app on my laptop (Windows 10). Thanks!

Best Answer

At this moment in time c/f is connected to distance so if you change your distance to km this will change the temp to celcius. 

Andrew
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this is linked to whatever units you have selected for distance. There is no way to pick temperature units separately yet, though it has been raised as a mighty crazy situation and one that needs addressing.

Best Answer

Hrm. That *is* crazy. Thanks for the answer though. Can't wait until they let us specify them both separately. I like my feet and inches, but I also like my Celsius.

Best Answer

I believe this will be in the next firmware update.

Andrew
Best Answer

Hi everyone. I've merged a similar thread here to keep this topic organized. @MatthewFitbit has provided feedback to our team about this already. Thanks for your input! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What terrible design,  Some people use miles and centigrade.

Hope some good updates are coming in the next 45 days.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit,

If you're giving feedback to the team about units, you might as well mention this.  There are some locations (like Canada) that use feet for length (friend is 6'4"), but kilometers for distance (and he ran 4 kilometers).

If one could dream, maybe treat them both separately.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Same issue, I think distance in metric and temp in F. Seems like there should be a software fix.

Best Answer

It would be nice to choose units separately. I like miles for distance, pounds for weight, and celcius for temp. It's nice to mix and match in some countries. Please consider expanding the options to include temp, or add options to weather app to choose there. thanks 

Best Answer

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you want miles and Celsius you can’t have that combination? That is RUBBISH! In the UK, miles and Celsius are the expected scales. VERY disappointed

Best Answer