Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

And what prey tell happens if you are a UK resident, whereby we measure distance in Miles and temperature in Celsius....

Best Answer

This is quite annoying, and still not fixed nearly 2 months after it was pointed out.

I don't know why fitbit are so reluctant to do hotfixes for little things that would provide a better user experience.

The list of things that have either been overlooked or poorly executed grows every time I try to do something with this device.

Best Answer

That is some lazy programming..

I know its only little, but given it can play mp3s I recon it has the capability to carry one more user setting.. sort it out!

Y’know its small details like this that define what people perceive as quality.

Best Answer

Makes sense just us Brit’s are a bit of a mess. We like our ‘miles’ but have been converted to Centigrade. Would be nice in the future if both options could be chosen separately. 

Best Answer

Many thanks for the solution.

However in the U.K WE use Miles and Celsius... so it seems we can only have one or the other... is there a way to address this please?

Best Answer

This is rather pants ... in the UK most hardened English folk use miles and degrees Celsius ... how do we request the option to customise? It can't be hard.

It also filters through to the clock faces ... I've stumbled across "Nothing Special" which I quite like ... however tapping through the steps ... mileage ... etc ... at the end is temperature, which I'd prefer in Celsius

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in the Caribbean and we also use Celsius, miles and kilometers. It would be great if Fitbit can provide an update to fix this.

Best Answer

I completely agree with this.  Fitbit please get this sorted ASAP.  I've just purchased the Ionic and currently I think this its a rip off for the price and functionality provided!

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your interest in the functionality of the weather app. 

I found this feature suggestion and I highly recommend casting a vote (I did) and adding any additional comments you may have. This is the best way for our team to gauge how we can improve our apps moving forward. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi. Was this sorted for UK users please?

Best Answer
Nope... but other watch faces work better.

Regards,Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's more down to the UK being stupid and not fully accepting metric or imperial but I'd really like to have temp in Celsius, run distance in miles and swim distance in metres. I think that's pretty standard for most people here. Is that possible?

Best Answer

Not a solution. In the UK, Canada and a lot of other countries the accepted norm is miles for distance and Celsius for temperature. massive oversight by fitbit there. App is pretty useless in F for me and I have no idea what 20Km is when cycling.

Best Answer

I agree we need Celsius and miles for uk

Best Answer

So temperature and distance are linked? That makes no sense! This device is so crappy (buggy) and simply fails to impress!

Best Answer

For the UK market it would be good to see an option for metres and miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not great given in the UK we tend to work on miles and Celsius. Is there any other way to change this? I don't want to work off of kilometers...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not great given in the UK we tend to work on miles and Celsius. Is there any other way to change this? I don't want to work off of kilometers

Best Answer
0 Votes

No there is no way to change it but don’t complain or else you will see a backlash from those who think Fitbit is perfect! 😝

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Correct it worked for me too I didn't change length just swim to metres re synced it and it is now Celsius

Best Answer
0 Votes