Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

This may be something to look at as, in the UK, we use mix between units a lot such as miles for measuring long distance, mph for speed, Celsius for temperature, stone for weight, cm for height, and it varies a lot per person.

Best Answer

Just got the Ionic as my first Fitbit and come across this stupid, annoying glitch with the measurement system today. I like many others use miles for distance and Celsius for temperature, why is there not a simple switch in the app settings? It is disappointing that several months after many users pointed out the issue there is still no mention of a fix. I really get the impression that Fitbit doesn't really care about user experience once you've spent your money. Not just with this issue either, others as well, in particular the Fitbit pay availability. I hope that my first experience with Fitbit improves soon.

Best Answer

User experience is woeful but beware. I posted negative comments here and was berated by those who love the product so I mostly dialled out and accept that it is a substandard product for the price tag. 

I will I’ll not sell mine because I don’t want to take the financial hit but I will probably go elsewhere for my next wearable.

Best Answer

Still no real fix for UK users of Fitbit then? 

I just got my first Fitbit yesterday, it’s an Ionic and I’m coming from an Apple Watch (release version)

Can’t day I’m impressed with what I’ve seen so far in relation to customer experience for identified issues such as this and FitBit Pay....

Best Answer

No. Basically we’re screwed!

Best Answer

Please tell the app developer that in the UK we use MILES but temperature is in CELSIUS. This is a very basic app that I won’t use now - the iPhone weather app is much better.

Best Answer

This doesn't help us Brits who work in Miles and Celsius!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think they care!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s quite clear that they don’t care.  Marked as solved even though we are being completely ignored regarding the incompatibility for UK users.

It appears that once FitBit have your money for the device they no longer care. Very shortsighted approach....

Best Answer

Why is the topic marked as solved?! If the issue is solved could a moderator or Fitbit official (if they even exist, alongside Santa clause and the Tooth Fairy), tell me how I change my weather app to Celsius whilst keeping distance miles? Eagerly awaiting your instructions, thanks

Best Answer

I'm logged in but can't see a way of making a comment. Can I add to the list that the date format for the UK is dd-mm-yy and not the American format that the British newspapers seem to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I'm really confused...Fitbit have marked this as solved, when clearly they have made no effort to find a solution and seem to have no intention of ever solving the issue. Nor have they e-mailed or posted an actual solution.

It's fairly simple Fitbit. Outside the USA people use miles for distance and Celsius for temperature. It's a very simple change to your software to remove a charge of cultural ignorance and recover a lot of customer confidence. 

I've had the Ionic for 6 weeks now and beginning to think I should have shopped elsewhere.

Best Answer

I had (and still) a Surge and took some time to view the reviews about the Ionic. In particular I bought the 'leather' wristband which, at £50, is a scorching cost and not worth it one bit. The little piece on the strap that the end of the strap tucks into is floppy and just slides around so that the strap ends up sticking out.

At my age I'm not going to pay this amount of money again for a watch. Even though I loath Apple and their watch I'm rather thinking that I made the wrong decision - or just stuck with the surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully a 3rd party developer can build a weather app for the non US market. Although I'm sure Fitbit could fix the initial problem in less then 1 man hour, yet they seem unwilling to invest such efforts.

For all the time and money I've invested in the Fitbit ecosystem, I unfortunately think this will be my last Fitbit product. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

where do i go To change the lenght units to fix the farenheight problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Just wanted to jump in here to thank you for the feedback which you have provided in this thread. 

As a reminder, the temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

If you happen to live in a region which utilizes a combination of metric and standard measurements (Miles and Celcius) I recommend casting a vote for this feature suggestion, as this is the best way for our team to gauge interest in the implementation of changes to our products. 

Hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me. Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

It doesn’t help. Seems pretty useless response to your uk customers.

Best Answer

I too am underwhelmed by this response. I was hopeful of some progress or assurance when I saw a moderator reply. Silly me. 

Best Answer
Let’s stop moaning and get the votes in. Power to the people (if they listen 😉

Thanks
Phillip

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I did vote, but with respect there are suggestions that have hundreds or even over a thousand votes and have been up for consideration for over three years and have never been implemented. I don’t enjoy moaning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes