Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206
Sorry that wasn't directed at you but just to the wider community to see if we can make the change. I hadn’t realised there were other suggestions with 1000’s, that’s ridiculous.

Thanks
Phillip

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You are saying that the huge number of fitbit users in the UK don't count.

Best Answer

I need to be able to see my distance in miles but temperature in Celsius, how can I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the moment you can't. I've given up on the weather app as each time I look at it it says it has to sync the fitbit module app to update so I may as well use the weather app on my iphone.

Best Answer

I'm sorry but why is a moderator telling us to vote for a feature request... This is NOT a feature request. It's a bug report. One Fitbit support have been aware of SINCE AUGUST!

Best Answer

And IF you speak up to vociferously the moderators will delete your posts and PM you that you're not being constructive. Just accept thathtey don't care about UK users. I have never heard of voting to add pretty basic functionality (waiting for this post to be deleted)!

Best Answer

I'm a little disappointed in a few basic features too.

To change details on the Ionic I am constantly having to access it via the desktop or webpage instead of through the more easily accessible phone app.

Why are some settings just missing?

The clock face that I like the most is great, I use the InterfaceX one as it gives me all the info I want at a  glace while looking very sci-fi but even that is not perfect.  The date can only be displayed in a US format, which is just backwards here (literally the whole date is in reverse to a Brit) and using an app resets the colours.  Yet there is no way to contact the dev to provide what would be essential feedback to improve or resolve these issues.

I also struggle to understand how this product is considered as regionalised, in the UK we use miles and Celsius but we can't select both on the device?!

From what is supposed to be a market leading product these simple yet neglected design flaws are a very poor show.

Have you even heard of product testing?

The fitness measurements seem to be great but every other feature feels half baked.

EDIT:

I mentioned the clock face InterfaceX as that actually allows you to choose Celsius as preference so you get the temp in Celsius on the main clock face, however the temp in the actual weather app is still Fahrenheit

Best Answer

@Goat_Pants,

"Yet there is no way to contact the dev to provide what would be essential feedback to improve or resolve these issues."

Dare I ask?

fitbit-clockface-interfacex.jpg

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

That option would be nice if it was available in the app, my app does not give me that option.

I definitely would love to contact the dev with constructive feedback, how did you access that screen?  Is that using the desktop app?

The web portal does not allow me to access the clock faces either.

Very much a case and point to my frustration over the app having missing features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mattew,

I have looked and unable to find anywhere to switch to KMs instead of miles. Please be more expansive with your answer. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goat_Pants,

I did access that page from the app:

1. Launch the App.
  2. Go to your account.
  3. Go to your Ionic settings.
  4. Go to the Clocks.
  5. Select All Clocks; select All Clocks (very bottom)->View All.
  6. Scroll to find your clock face (Interface X).
  7. Tap on it.
  8. Scroll to the bottom.

Voila!  Just to save you some time, here's the link to that developer from (at least my) version of the app.  And yes, it's available both on the phone and Windows 10 app; I checked.

Just because you have yet to find the option, doesn't mean that it's not available.  At least entertain the idea of asking the question ("How do I contact the developer?") before ranting that it's not available.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@asbrough1,

Are you looking to switch the units that Fitbit uses or the units on the clock face?  I can show you the former, but you're at the mercy of the clock face developer to see if they honor the latter.

And are you looking to do this from the Fitbit App or the online dashboard?

Just let us know and we'll respond.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just noticed last night that my weather app is now showing Celsius with distance set to Miles in the UK. Can anyone else confirm this? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not for me! 😒

Thanks
Phillip

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Remains Fahrenheit on my Versa with Miles set.

Fitbit need to add a temperature option under Account -> Advanced Settings -> Units so that we can select Fahrenheit or Celsius. 

Best Answer

The contact option is very much tucked away.

That was an incredibly difficult find, having to scroll through the clocks to find the right clock face then finding the contact details there.... as opposed to having any kind of search function to make that easier.  Or maybe even having a contact option on the My Clock Faces screen.

Anyway I much appreciated being pointed in the right direction.

Back on topic I agree that there really should be an option to set temperature units, like you can with distance and mass.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still showing centigrade with miles selected. Must be a bug, but a welcomed bug as far as I'm concerned Smiley Happy

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice!

Wonder if maybe you have some other metrics specified that are effecting that.

Are you in Kilos or Stone and lb's?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good point, my metrics are below.

Screenshot_2018-04-17-13-14-24.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried changing them all and the only one that makes the temperature change is length set to Kilometers. 

If the weather app is left running showing Celsius and I change Length back to Miles and Sync the weather app stays on celsius, however as soon as I reload weather app it goes back to Fahrenheit.

Best Answer
0 Votes