Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

That's not right.  I'm in the US and have it all set for us. My weather app is perfectly fine.  I just charged my Ionic last night and now the homescreen shows in Celsius. Won't change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Hbowan, I’m in the UK and have the length setting on Miles under account, advanced settings, units, and the weather app shows Fahrenheit, the only way to get the Fitbit weather app to show Celsius is to change length to Kilometres. How are you able to set miles and get Celsius?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it appears I spoke too soon. My weather app has now reverted back to Fahrenheit, it was good while it lasted. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I didn't! It shows it on my watchface after I recently charged it. The weather app itself is still fahrenheit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which watch face is that? I assume it’s third party, don’t think Fitbit do one with the weather on at least not on the Versa.

A third party app may provide options to set the temperature units. As for the weather app that’s still miles and Fahrenheit or kilometres and Celsius which is the issue for UK customers as we use miles and Celsius.

Perhaps the watch face that shows Celsius would do in the interim until Fitbit get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed .I'm using the "Norda" Clockface, which was mentioned in this thread. But it's a workaround, which doesn't fix the issue. 

Best Answer

I hope the team decides to provide a custom setting to pick between Celsius and Fahrenheit. It seems simple enough, I really hope they do it soon. Why such a delay?

Best Answer

The weather app hasn't worked on mine since the last update anyway,  so I guess they fixed it by breaking it. None of the suggested 'fixes' have worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any progress?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that the weather app was not working too. When I opened the settings for the app on my phone it had removed the city I had previously entered and just had current location. I added the city again synced and the weather app was working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK so went back to the weather app again today - no weather - opened the settings for the app - the city has been removed again! Current location is there but this does not seem to work even with the Fitbit app always having access to location on my phone.

Fitbit whilst you are fixing this please put a temperature option to select Celsius or Fahrenheit.

Thanks

Best Answer

If you haven't already done so I would recommend voting on this feature suggestion. Hopefully the more votes this gets, might mean fitbit prioritises the fix. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Cheers Nathan. I have added my vote to the feature suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you change the lengths to do this? I can't even find that lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bunnienose go to https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

Find "Units". Expand the section. Change Length units.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally fixed it a few days ago by manually deleting the stored data from the application menu. When I opened the app it asked me for GPS access, and its been fine since then. Guess there was something corrupted in one of the saved files. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi any update on this?

I need miles and Celsius to be useful for me.

I got the versa one and it's not changed yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Just wanted to jump in here for a quick spot check. 

I know many of you have expressed that you would like the option to use miles and Celsius at the same time on Ionic and I thank you all for taking the time to let us know. 

Though this has not yet been implemented, I wanted to recommend casting a vote for the open feature suggestion. This is the best way for our team to gauge how we can improve our products and services in the future.  

I will be sure to keep you all updated if any additional news becomes avialable. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
What is so difficult about this?

Martin
Best Answer

That’s a good solution but changing units from miles to km is a pain for many in the UK....where we use miles for distance and Celsius for temperature 😬

Why we should have to change a distance unit to change a temperature unit is beyond me! 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes