Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

This isn't a correct solution. I have my units set as miles and my location is on so it should have changed to F. I have synced it and updated it and the weather app still says C. Also I have made sure that the accuweather widget on my phone is set up correctly. 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @SarahD21, thanks for jumping in here! Note that AccuWeather is a third-party app. For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

However, as I shared above, if you recently updated your watch users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius. For instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section click here

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This solution is not working for my brand new Fitbit Versa.  I am in the US and the units are set for miles but the weather shows Celsius.  Please advise. 

I love the watch and I upgraded from the Fitbit Charge 2 to the Versa... thank you! 

Best Answer

Welcome here @Jplante! I'd recommend doing the following: 

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your Versa
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2 

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I received your post but I see the moderator answered it so I hope it's working for you.

Best Answer

Thanks for keeping an eye on this @mopatRobot Very Happy

Can you please let me know if this is working for you now @Jplante?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
I've given up on this app as each time I looked at it, it wanted to sync with the phone so I might as well use the weather app on the phone in the first place.

Den G

--
Best regards,
Dennis mailto:dennis@golding.me
Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @DenGolding! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Weather App. I totally understand where your concern is coming from, I want to give you a hand. Woman Very Happy

Can you please take a look at this post of mine and try to follow every single step I've share? 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

I've had various Fitbit products for the past 10 years and REALLY LIKE their products as they are TRULY a "Health Watch" 1st and a "Smart Watch" second.  Generally, their products work well though I'd have thought they'd have perfected SLEEP tracking (along with heart rate, these are the two most important attributes of a Fitbit).  After a DECADE, the NEW Versa should function perfectly one would think (sleep works accurately about 70-75% of the time which is TOO LOW Fitbit!   Heart Rate works perfectly..."props" on that.  My ONLY complaint right now is the TEMPERATURE SCALE (namely the included AccuWeather App); it was purchased in the USA, ergo FAHRENHEIT guys (JUST an "expression" btw)!!!   YOUR (YOU Fitbit!!) instructions say it's as simple as setting the "Length Units" via the app.  WRONG!!!   It refuses to display ANYTHING but Celsius despite the F-A-C-T my Length Units is set to MILES!!!  I've even Googled info to see IF there's anyway to change it via the Fitbit "Dashboard."  Why you're selling watches in the USA preset to a non-Imperial (vs. Metric) measurement, I don't really understand that.  Regardless, would you PLEASE PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OR SOME ACCURATE SOLUTION TO CHANGE IT TO FAHRENHEIT and NOT Celsius.  Very aggravating since I grew up in the states (SoCal) and I - like most Americans - use and understand Imperial Measurement; NOT Metric measurements.  Again, changing the "Length Units" to "Miles" ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT change the INCLUDED (important key word btw) AccuWeather App.  You're usually very good at providing a solution so would you PLEASE DO SO in this Forum Question as I know - just from "Predictive Word Search" on Google, MANY, MANY others are having this same problem!!!

Best Answer

Hi @TONY1980, welcome here! I really appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience with Fitbit products and the feedback given towards our products. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

AccuWeather App is a third-party app, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

The steps I've been providing along this thread is for the Weather App that belongs to Fitbit. All the information about the Weather App and how to change the Units can be found here

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit Versa for at least 6 months.  My temperature is now displaying in Celsius. I have gone to the advance settings, units, etc... still not working. I dont know what to do to fix this. It recently had an update so I'm not sure if it occured when i did that last week. 

Best Answer

@CShanks83

Follow the steps described in this post under Fitbit OS 2.2 section.

Best Answer
SIMPLE FIX:

Go to the Play Store or iOS store & MAKE SURE you've updated to the latest
version. Fit bit finally fixed this problem and that nonsense about
setting your length units to miles or kilometers absolutely doesn't work!!

So, update to the newest version and follow these steps and I guarantee you
it will work as I just did it last night and it worked perfectly:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
2. Tap Apps.
3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to
find the app.
4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you
want to use.
5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see
the updated units.

Let me know if this works for you as it ABSOLUTELY worked for me (this
works vice-versa: C° to F° or F° to C°). It's just too bad that Fitbit
isn't making [seemingly] an effort to release this brand new procedure for
everybody. I actually had to write to them and wait for a response because
a Google search will NOT reveal this SOLUTION. Cheers mate.

TONY
(California/Texas)
Best Answer

@CShanks83 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your interest in having the weather displayed in different units. 

It seems that @TONY1980 was able to find a workaround that helped him out with this. Have you followed the steps he has shared on his post above? I think that will definitely help you out with this.

@Giampi71 Thanks for sharing your help and experience on this thread.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

On the Phone App go to Apps -> Scroll down to weather -> click on the gear icon next to the weather app icon -> Touch temperature unit - choose C or F

Best Answer

I got it fixed.  Thank you!

Best Answer

@ZenZen Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thank you very much for taking the time to post the steps someone needs to take in order to change the weather units. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

@CShanks83 Thanks for your reply. I'm really glad to read that this got fixed for you and that you are back on track now.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have tried this many times it doesn’t work since I updated my versa it’s been stuck on Celsius 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by and for trying the suggestions provided here @Missiec69! Since you have updated your Versa, note that the way to change the units have been updated. So, make sure you've done the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Let me know if that works! 

Best Answer

@TONY1980 wrote:
SIMPLE FIX:

Go to the Play Store or iOS store & MAKE SURE you've updated to the latest
version. Fit bit finally fixed this problem and that nonsense about
setting your length units to miles or kilometers absolutely doesn't work!!

So, update to the newest version and follow these steps and I guarantee you
it will work as I just did it last night and it worked perfectly:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
2. Tap Apps.
3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to
find the app.
4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you
want to use.
5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see
the updated units.

Let me know if this works for you as it ABSOLUTELY worked for me (this
works vice-versa: C° to F° or F° to C°). It's just too bad that Fitbit
isn't making [seemingly] an effort to release this brand new procedure for
everybody. I actually had to write to them and wait for a response because
a Google search will NOT reveal this SOLUTION. Cheers mate.

TONY
(California/Texas)

FINALLY!! It worked for me, thank you so much!!

Best Answer