Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

That's great... There are several faces with this ability.

But it's not an actual fix for the problem. We shouldn't have to be limited to a few watch faces because Fitbit refuse to fix a bug they created. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days.

What about for those of us in the UK who use miles for distance and measure the temperature in Celsius? I’d like to be able to use what I’m used to as if I change one the other doesn’t make sense to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riocaz Thanks for your reply! It's something you can try in the meantime. 

@sophieh23 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in having that weather unit feature.

Please vote for this feature suggestion:

In the meantime, you could also use the Weather Land clock face that has an option to do this. There is another one called Weather Cast. You could use any of those for the moment!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most users in UK will want celcuis and miles as units of measure. 

Update app please???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dread77 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your interest in having this option available on Fitbit devices. 

I was checking the Feature Suggestion related to this idea and it seems the option is already available, but its being rolled out progressively. Please update your watch once you can.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

No updates available at present it seems. Just to clarify, I need Miles and Celsius.

Regards,

Adam
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Dread77! Our team has been informed that this update has been gone out to 10% of users and it is currently paused to make sure everything works as intended. It should be released in the next few days. Please keep an eye on this thread and this Feature Suggestion

If there are any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This is not accurate.  Mine is showing Celsius and my distance is set to miles.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Don’t have the options yet...
Mine is still miles and Fahrenheit 😩

Regards,

Adam
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by not accurate?

If you are in miles and Celsius then you're one of the lucky few. This is not an option for most ATM.

Best Answer
It is mile and has Celsius but I need Fahrenheit since I live in US.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @tmeyer68, thanks for stopping by! While reading your post I was wondering if yo have the Charge 3? If so, let's try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
  8. Tap "Done"
  9. Tap "Back" in the upper left corner
  10. Tap "Charge 3" in the upper left corner
  11. Make sure your phone synced the new setting to your tracker by verifying the sync time is shortly before the current time. If not, you'll need to manually sync (scroll down and tap "Sync Now").
  12. Verify you see the temperature in Fahrenheit now.

Thanks for your support on this @Riocaz

I totally understand you my friend, but please stay tuned @Dread77! When an update is available you'll see a notification in the Fitbit app prompting you to update. When the update starts, a progress bar appears on Fitbit and in the Fitbit app until the update is complete. For best results, make sure your watch is charged and can connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

Keep your watch and phone or computer close to each other during the update process.

I'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

That worked!!  Thanks so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That response works but is a terrible configuration. The UK uses miles and Celsius.

Please can this be flagged as a "bug" and not a feature.

Best Answer

Great @tmeyer68! I'm glad to hear it worked for you. Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for much for your feedback @JamesVictory. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

As mentioned above, please keep an eye on this thread and this Feature Suggestion

I'll be around if you need further help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the Versa and the weather was using celsius but distance was measured in miles so I went to Apps, then weather and clicked the settings and there was a choice of celsius or fahrenheit 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

When I go to settings there is only the choice for location, current location or add new...

Regards,

Adam
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dread77 this is because you didn't get yet the update to OS 2.2. If you have one hour to spare you might factory reset your device and reinstall it so you will have your firmware update pushed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At last someone who knows how to sort this!!!

thanks

FiTBIT, why aren’t these firmware updates readily available???

redetting is a ball ache!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Dread77 and @mopat! As @Giampi71 said, did you recently update your Versa? After updating to OS 2.2, some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. Just as you're describing .

When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes