Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

Good info to know - thanks!  I'll continue to stay involved and help out where I can.

Best Answer
JLB2, welcome and thanks!!

Mandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was a "jogger" (I still have the message "Congratulations! You have earned the rank of Jogger in the Fitbit Community" from 12-11-13 13:06).

But today it looks like I've been demoted to "Stepping Up"?

I thought someone said you couldn't get demoted?  (not that it's that big of a deal to me...)

Best Answer
0 Votes
It changes with different names. Depends on how often you make comments to
the forum. Keep stepping. When I first signed up I was listed as a jogger
at one point but when I checked the forum, found out the title changes.

Still loving my Fitbit Charge.
>From Geo2014
Best Answer
All very helpful and new to me, thank you!
Biggest question is does the Fitbit corporate teal monitor the boards and address problems that a lot bring up?
1. Calories burned not very accurate
2. HR not accurate
3. Stairs not accurate- when I get to work and ride the elevator, since it goes by altitude it counts these flights- pretty funny really!

What I really need to know is can I edit my log to correct calories burned and HR during exercise?
Thanks!
Best Answer
Interesting way to rank up. What about just walking and running and not posting? Does that increase rank?
Best Answer
No the ranking is mostly about how you participate in the community, it's to encourage, solve issues and share ideas 🙂
Best Answer
Okay cool thanks!
Best Answer
You are welcome 🙂
Best Answer
Happy Stepping!
Felicia Abernethy-Lloyd - Join the Facebook Fitbit Red Tennis Shoe Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/46579380159704/
Best Answer
Hello there!!

I'm still new this, so please bare with me:) I just saw I had a private message, and it told me I went from First Steps, to Recovery Runner, to Base Runner quite quickly! Which is great, but I'm a little confused. You show two tables of community names. It appears the 1st table is referencing "walkers" names, and the second for "runners." So it seems as though I went from a newbie walker to a "level 3" runner, so to speak. I'm definitely a walker, so is there some way to select that in our profile? It's not a major deal, but I'm just curious is there's a way to better represent what I/we do!
Thanks!!:)
Best Answer

@MishiRN 

Due the ranking system it's not possible to choose to have a walking or running rank only. The rank dynamically changes. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MishiRN Hey there! Here's an explanation:

Please know that you won't see your Community ranking on your Fitbit.com Dashboard, log, or profile. If I may, please allow me to help explain the difference between Community rankings and the Fitbit profile badge system:

Community Rankings: The more time you spend and the more active you are in the community, the higher you rank. It really is as simple as that! The names of the badges are based on distance intervals, but we do appreciate the feedback for the names.

Fitbit Profile Badge System: Badges can be earned by achieving a certain level of activity with your Fitbit device, and are independent of your activity on the Community. The more active your are in your daily life, the more badges you'll earn. In the beginning, you'll earn badges relatively quickly, but you'll have to work harder to earn those more difficult badges.

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy: Again, thanks for your feedback!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Hello, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if the community ranking is the same for both Help forum as well as the Discussion? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes
To mishirin
The rank levels just mean how many times you make comments to the forum
either by submitting a question or respond to an answer. I forgot where I
am now. Just enjoy your device & keep on stepping. It is not nice weather
where I am, so decided to clean out closets. I haven't checked my steps but
keep going back and forth...getting rid of clothes.

>From Geo2014
Best Answer

The rank appears on both help & discussions forum.. there's much more to it then making comments. It's also about getting honored by receiving votes from fellow awesome fitbit companions for helping out.. or someone likes your post so it received a epic vote.. and more.. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for explaining the ranking system.  I wasn't sure how it worked.

Best Answer
Thanks @EmersonFitbit @StephenC @Geo2014! I just got confused my the seemingly two different sets of ranks mentioned in this post. If I'm moving up (for whatever reason) im happy!lol
Best Answer

Hmmm...it's all hugs and back slapping then...great fun though, love the thinking....Smiley Wink 

Best Answer

@mpp - Great shirt!  It made me start my morning with a smile.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes