Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781
It is on the app on your phone. Did u download the app for your cell?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just go to my cell and record water consumption etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why I'm now 'recovery runner' as I'm a walker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not related to your actual runner.the more you communicate with the
forum. Your rating increases to a higher level. I was confused at first, as
it stated I was a jogger. Never ran in my life. Then I read what it
actually meant. Hope this clears it up for you.
Best Answer
Ahh! I've wondered about this for months! Thanks for the post. I love this system!
Best Answer

Ahhhh, thank you for explaining it as I love Fitbit and I do particpate as that's part of it being a good habit for me. 

I hope to see you around!

Lainie

Best Answer

An idea for another name is "speedwalker"

Best Answer
I like speed walker! That would be a good name.
Best Answer
I agree, I like that name too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you very much i'ts nice and stimulating to get such messages it inspired to do more

Best Answer
Hi again....did you know that it also has an alarm. Just testing it now. At 8:30 it should buzz and have 5 lights flashing. My daughter told me about it yesterday, have fun with your fitness program. I also, updated my profile as my activity level was low, so want to become more active.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Geo, I LOVE the alarm; I don't wear a watch so when I'm on a time schedule I'll set the alarm for let's say 45 minutes and turn around at that time; it's a great feature and one I use a lot.

Best Answer
I am such a computer geek. When I was working...retired in 2012. A staff
told me I should have been born a guy. I said why would you say this. She
replied. You are so geeky. I told her that there are some women who like
techie stuff...and we both started to laugh. I also wear my Gear watch but
didn't wear it as often as I used too. I was so intriqued by my fitbit flex
band. Need to do more active stuff. Been lazy recently. Have to keep
active. I am turning get 69 this month. People tell me I do not look my
age. Guess my cycling regime paid off. I used to cycle 35.8 km every day.
Did it for 6 years. The last 2 years cycled year round. Yep even in the
winter time. Have two bikes. A man bike and a Cannondale touring bike.
Planning to spin the pedal.....want to reach 100 years old!
Best Answer
I did not know there is an alarm.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes. Click beside dashboard on your app on your cell. It is listed below.
It is called silent alarm. When you key in the time. It will buzz your
wrist and lights will flash from your band. Great feature!
Best Answer
0 Votes

For you I bet it's Good to be retired, I'm still working and trying to stay active at 59 is very important. I know I probably don't use the device to it's maximum but I'm learning as I go along and I am still trying to become more cofortable in the forum. I still get confused as to how to return post from my email. I learn though, just have to keep trying. I am a dancer. My preference is Chicago style steppin, but i ball room and I do a few hustles. That is primarily how I get my steps in and I'm loving it to see just how much dancing it takes to reach 10,000 steps!

~Dwelia*
Best Answer

Thanks, this is really new for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks this was very helpful in my path of understanding the fitbit community!

~Dwelia*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dwelia, hi. I spent half of my life in New Jersey and the 2nd half in
Texas, and I have a excellent education, but I have never heard of Chicago
Style Steppin. can you explain what it is or maybe share a utube sample. I
am curious, it sounds fun.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am very happy with this device in that it actually records steps when you dance!
I ballroom dance too and it is a terrific way to stay fit!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes