Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

Hi everyone!

This is one of my favorite threads; it's great to see such positivity and enthusiasm amongst so many people!

Based on my initial scan of this thread, I can see that everyone seems to be taking well to the Community rankings. Nice! For reference, check out the comprehensive rank list full of each and every ranking we have!

Also, check out this post where I explain the difference between badges and rankings.

@Jabrat Thanks for your continued help!

@Patricia414 Ballroom dancing sounds so much fun! Would you happen to have a handy tutorial video to get me started? I'm a little well-versed in salsa merengue and bachata dance (Central and South American), but ballroom sounds amazing!

@dwelia Welcome welcome welcome! Be sure to let me know if you have any questions at all. Keep reaching for that 10K a day!

@taylorkc We may need to arrange a pet thread because that dog is B-E-A-UTIFUL.

Robot Very Happy

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Ha! I was wondering about the whole ranking thing. Pretty cool!  ^_^ 
Do you stay at the same rank if you don't log in for a bit? Or is it possible to be downgraded? 

Best Answer
Good question! I'd like to know the answer to that also. Anyone know if your rank can be downgraded?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Emerson - I really enjoy the Community Boards - need to use it more - many informative articles - love it !  

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, as far as I know, your rank can never go down, only up. 

Best Answer
Good to know! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GetFuzzy1982 Hey there, welcome! 

It looks like you received your answer already- there's only one way to go and it's up, when it comes to the Community rankings. My name is Emerson, by the way, nice to meet you! Hope to see you around.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Thank you @EmersonFitbit !  Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - I'm still looking for a solution to uploading my profile picture.  Can anybody help out there???

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi there....
Go to your accounts either on your ipad or cell, wherever you have your fitbit app on. Click accounts. You will see the digit > click to this and it will state edit photo. I put my photo on without any problem. I can not remember how I added it, but it must be in your profile section. Good luck with it. Hope you are able to add your photo.

Geo2014
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
It's more information than I care to know but thanks for clarifyin
Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate this info but I'm still trying to get info on uploading my
profile pic. Can anybody help?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcalliej Here's what you do. Look in the upper right of the screen and find that icon that is you (next to the wheel that is the settings menu). Click on that icon. That will get you to your fitbit profile. Under the picture on this page, you will see a link that says "upload pictures". Click on that. Use the "browse" button to find the picture you want on your computer. Upload it and make it your profile picture. 

I hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I did all of those steps but the upload wheel keeps turning (hours) and nothing ever happens. HELP...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Perhaps your picture is too big. Try uploading a gif rather than a jpg.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the problem. I can browse but picture will not upload - wheel keeps turning.Maybe you can tell me how to get my current stats back and sync to my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I answered twice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate the information I was wondering about it ranks now i know thanks

God Bless
Pat
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you bout I still cant fine where I goin a group!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering this myself about the ranks. thanks and I look forward to getting to know the fitbit community.:)

Best Answer
0 Votes