Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the visible name on community board?

ANSWERED

When I set-up my flex I set-up a user name but it has a typo. I can't figure out how to change it and can't find it in "help" anywhere. Anyone know???

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

It can not be changed in the Community.

It can be changed  on your Dashboard. But it will not reflect in the commuinty

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@betpchem Thanks for pinging me! 

Modertors to have the ability to change usernames, though we do our best not to. For historical purposes, we like to have usernames as they are when they're initially created. 

If you feel like you're going to be around the Community pretty regularly, and you have a good reason for wanting to change your username, please let me know by sending me a PM. 

Thanks!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

See if you can change it here.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Nope. I've been trying there and there's not a spot.
Best Answer
Sooo, I just found another post that says it's not possible to change it. That sucks!
Best Answer

I also put the wrong name for the community baords and I've been wanting to change it and I can't....ggrrrr!!!

Best Answer

Go to profile change and save the new information at the bottom of the profile details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can not be changed in the Community.

It can be changed  on your Dashboard. But it will not reflect in the commuinty

Community Council Member

Best Answer
How can I change my user name on the community
Best Answer
0 Votes
It cannot be changed 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think maybe a moderator can change it. Is that right @EmersonFitbit

Best Answer

That's correct @betpchem

Though changing names has a certain impact on the forums, a name can be changed once.

Choose wisely Heart

Best Answer

@betpchem Thanks for pinging me! 

Modertors to have the ability to change usernames, though we do our best not to. For historical purposes, we like to have usernames as they are when they're initially created. 

If you feel like you're going to be around the Community pretty regularly, and you have a good reason for wanting to change your username, please let me know by sending me a PM. 

Thanks!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Need to change my name, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just changed mine....testing to see if it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I really need my name changed it was a complete typo, could you help me out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t want to change my first name, but made a typo for my last initial.  What are the chances of having that changed or will I forever be stuck with my typo.  I don’t really care that it’s wrong or feel any great need to correct it.  Just thought I’d ask.

Best Answer

The only way to change your name is to delete your account. Then sign up with a new one. You will lose your post count if that matters to you. Otherwise you are stuck with what you have.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
I just don’t want friends to see my steps... but thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

The only way to change your name is to delete your account. Then sign up with a new one. You will lose your post count if that matters to you. Otherwise you are stuck with what you have.

That’s interesting as further up in the postings a moderator chimed in with a potential solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes