Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jogger under neath names

ANSWERED

What does jogger mean under neath names?  It is placed under my name....I am not a jogger.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Irish77 wrote:

What does jogger mean under neath names?  It is placed under my name....I am not a jogger.

It's just a forum rank. You can learn more about them at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranks#ranks 

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

I think it has to do with the frequency of post,replys,comments,etc. I am not sure but I am on runnersworld.com and they go from slow to fast animals and on Weddingbee you go through different types of Bee's.....just a thing I guess. 

Best Answer

I've got "first steps" bc I just started today....my guess

Best Answer

@Irish77 wrote:

It's just a forum rank. You can learn more about them at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranks#ranks 

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

Best Answer

I was just wondering this myself. So its newbie/ regular/ distinguished user etc etc?

Best Answer

woo hoo I'm a jogger........ ?

Best Answer
It is a fun way for the developer to rank how much you post or contribute to tbe forum. 🙂
Best Answer

The exact meaning of ranks is still a bit undefined.  These new forums just went live a few weeks ago, and we're all learning!

Those of us with a higher post counts are basically a set of maybe 20 people that fitbit asked to start using the new forums before they went live, to add some tips as initial content, and make a few suggestions. (they didn't know, that to me, "few" is something less than 1000! Smiley Happy, ).

When I first saw "jogger" in testing, I was confused, and looked for a profile setting to "correct" that (I don't jog, much less run! - an ankle thing...). 

I know some of the parameters are how long you've been a member of the forums,  how many "solutions", of yours have been accepted, as well as the total votes your posts have gotten, but what the breakdown is, only fitbit knows right now!

The fitbit folks are noted in a few different ways, like the fitbit icon, and ranks like "mod", "admin", or just "fitbit".  That will help folks know when they hear from fitbit directly.

The "+" on some profiles means they are a premium member, which means they are normal users that paid for the "Premium service" Trainer, more reports, etc) from fitbit.

Best Answer
I became a 'jogger' today, but it wasn't confusing at all since I also received an email telling me about it. Maybe a new enhancement?
Best Answer

Did everyone (but me) get an email explaining the "jogger" designation?

Minniak
Best Answer
I was ranked as a jogger and it was like hmmm. I only walk. But i figure it is fitbit telling people how much we repsond or post in these communities
Best Answer

Yes, it's a rank, and is based on stuff like how long you been a member of these forums, how many posts have been made, and how many are accepted as solutions, etc.  I don't run, but had a couple runner ranks, and now I'm a strider.

These forums are new and just went live a month back, and we're all still learning the layout!  I have no idea what I did to become a strider, for example Smiley Surprised

IIRC, the ranks knowen so far are "first steps" (brand new), "jogger" (made one post), "recovery runner" (member for 4 days and 5 posts), Base runner (?), "runner" (?), and strider (?).  Fitbit folks have ranks like "fitbit", "admin""mod".

Best Answer

I guess I have a long way to go before I lose the 'jogger' stigma then 🙂

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I guess I have a long way to go before I lose the 'jogger' stigma then 🙂

You lost it already.  You're a Recovery Runner already!

Best Answer

woo hoo! thats better! might have to go for a run tomorrow now!

Best Answer
I just upgraded to jogger, it just means i answered questions and responded to posts in the fitbit forum.
Best Answer

haha I just ranked as Jogger and as someone who has run multiple half marathons and a full I'm like hmmmmmmm *brooding* how do I get to "runner" quickly..... haha

Flex Fanatic
Perhaps I am stronger than I think. - Thomas Merton
Best Answer

I am just as baffled as you.  First I was classified a "Jogger" by the Fitbit Community than the Fitbit Community reclassified me as a Recovery Runner".  I do not run or jog due to problems with my knees.  So I don't really know what all this means.

Either way, I am enjoying my fitbit band as well as my Aria scale.  I have had both since December 25, 2013 which was given to me for Christmas by my daughter.  I guess she noticed I was a bit over weight so she figured that maybe the fitbit band and scale would help me shed a few pounds.  I have lost 22 pounds so far and hope to lose another 18 pounds in a few months.

Take care and have fun with your fitbit band or scale.

Leonard
Best Answer

Here's what fitbit says in the FAQ.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranks#ranks

The known ranks now go - Baby Steps, Jogger, Recovery Runner, Base Runner, Runner, and Strider, and there a few like "keeping pace" if you aren't posting for some time after your first post.  Recovery Runner is being a member for 4+ days and have done 5+posts, but I'm not sure about the others

Fitbit people have ranks like "Mod", "admin" and "fitbit".

Best Answer

Thanks for the explanation and link on what these names mean.

Leonard
Best Answer