Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jogger under neath names

ANSWERED

What does jogger mean under neath names?  It is placed under my name....I am not a jogger.

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Jim,

Thanks for the info!  I hear you  about "jogging".  I'm more of a galloper or a "loper" but I guess what ever we can do to keep moving eh?

Caitlin

Best Answer

well I have done a few half marathons and run 6-7 times a week so I'm no jogger!

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat! I know it has to do with the number of posts, but I'm really competitive, so I'd at least like to be called a runner! Jogging is more of a Ron Burgundy activity anyway...

Best Answer
0 Votes

,I like a lot of you am new to fitbit.  I had bought my adult daughter one for Xmas, and she loved it so much that she convince me that I too needed one. So here I am .  Now to just figure everything out.

What is generating the recovery runner, jogger etc under peoples usernames?  How does the guage for calories in vs out work?  Do I want the guage to be to the left or right?  Or centered?   I would think to the right but then it also says over......I think that is what is confusing me.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Those are ranks under our names. Click this to learn more.

There is a Flex manual and related articles here.

As for calories in vs out - what you want depends on your goals. If you want to lose weight, you'll want more calories out than in. If you want to maintain your weight, you'd want it even. If you want to gain weight, which some here do, you'd want more calories coming in than going out. You'll figure it out as you go along.

Give yourself some time to get used to all this and you'll soon be at ease with it.

Welcome to FitBit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Wow..... guess I should catch up a little more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

also i really do appreciate all the ideas and help i recieve here love this forum Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw that too and thought to myself. I don't run.....it is a name that fitbit community gives you when you post any comments on this forum. The more you are connected with the forum and its discussions or comments. You increase to a different name. jogger is the first name and when we make comments. Our name will change. ope this clarifies your question...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got Jogger, too. I am 85 years so my jogging is more like schuffling
Best Answer
The name is only based on our comments to the forum Jack. Bless your heart
at 85. I will be turning 69 this month. Keep active. I hope to continue
with my cycling....but have had gout problems with right foot lately. My
daughters keep telling get me that I should out to walk every day....I
should take heed of their advice. Btw my goal is to reach 100 years...so
hope you reach that age too. Still loving the fitbit flex!
Best Answer
If your gout has been diagnosed by a toe or other joint sample (the needle will hurt like hell but if you are in throes of a gout attack you won't know the difference), your doctor could prescribe allopurinol. I am on 200 mg per day (100 mg twice daily) and while my affected toe seems on the verge the big hurt has not happened. One doctor wanted me off - haven't been back to him ever since.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been healing slowly...hope it gets better by Tuesday. Heading to
New Orleans Tuesday. Sister and I are flying out to meet brother and his
girlfriend in Phoenix. So don't want to be limping while I am away. Taking
Black cherry capsules daily. .have to get myself back to healthier
conditions. Hard to go for a walk if gout attacks are on one's foot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanna be a jogger... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How d o I get a name I only started to post recently.?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Artswife You have one under your name it says Recovery Runner

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be interesting just to have the rankings explained.

Minniak
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Minniak It is explained here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Community-Basics/About-Community-Ranks/m-p/272000#U272000

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still a newbie on these forums although I've been using a Fitbit tracker for a long time, I really haven't been active in the forums.  Maybe I should fix that.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner The little "titles" under your name are yet another way that Fitbit has to encourage us to to keep moving.  Well, at least that is my take on it anyway.  I've got my eye on "Pacesetter" as that is descriptive of my personality, but only time will tell if I get it, or blow on by it.  LOL!

Currently Blaze plus Alta as back up which is THE perfect combo! One
Best Answer

Not a jogger. Not a runner at all, except if I'm late for the bus. Is there any way to remove this tag from my profile?

Best Answer
0 Votes