Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

@Kenner_Girl I have sent you a PM to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had someone email me directly after seeing my post, so I'm not sure how
to actually message them directly either. Sorry I can't be more helpful
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to help @DeWantsDessert. There's a little envelope on the upper right side of this page and if you you know user's name you can send a message from there @Kenner_Girl😀

Keep on visiting our community! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you PM a moderator? Am new and I misspelled my username 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I have sent you a PM to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chose my forum/community name back when I was using the Ionic. Seems sort of redundant now that I'm using the Sense. Does anyone know if the name can be changed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JerryIonic I have sent you a PM to assist with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you help me change my username? I also mistyped it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NeptuneBG I have sent you a PM to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea, how are you? I also had a problem with my username. Can I change it to AneirinW please? Otherwise aajwenner will be fine. Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our community @AneirinW! I'm good thank you, I hope you're good too. 😁 

Your username has been changed. I'd like to invite you to visit our Health and Wellness boards where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaFitbit @MatthewFitbit i am facing a similar issue as mentioned in this thread. Could one of you help rectifying my username? Need to add a 'y' in the end to make it drabhishekshetty. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our community, @abhishekshetty. The name you want is too long and I can´t add the y. You can choose another username or make it shorter adding the y.

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit Thanks for the quick response. In case the user name is long, could you please try abhishekshetty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @abhishekshetty. Your user name has been updated.

Let me know if you need further assistance and happy holidays!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That will be all for now @AndreaFitbit. Thanks for your assistance and wish you happy holidays too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @abhishekshetty and you´re very welcome! 

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health and Wellness boards where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a Fitbit Charge 4, downloaded the app to my iPhone and filled in all my personal details. After I had done this and started to look at the various screens in the app I found that I had mis-spelled the screen name I had entered. I meant to enter "Stratguy" but instead entered "Strateguy" and I can't find a way to correct this.Ideas please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Stratguy. It's great to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for the information provided. I understand where you're coming from about your username and I've sent you a private message to help you with this matter. Make sure to check your inbox.

By the way, I've moved your post to this thread to keep our forums organized.

Happy holidays! 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I misspelt my community name, should be @JoeyB but I understand that may be taken. Happy with JoeyB_108 if possible 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes