Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic health conditions mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit should have a toggle for people with chronic health conditions. 

I got one to track my heart rate and sleep, but it can be quite upsetting when it keeps telling me how unfit I am and how I should move more when I physically can't. It'd be nice if the flavour text was turned off in a chronic health conditions mode and you could just track your values without the app reminding you that your sick. We know we are sick. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @KMLJ and welcome to the Help forum.  I am certainly not a health nut or an elite athlete, but I'm not sure what you mean by Fitbit telling you that you are sick.  There are many ways to customize your device (what model do you have?), your goals and your app screen to help your Fitbit help you.

What kind of specific information do you want to see and what do you want to go away?  How can we help?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, KMLJ.  Fitbit is generally good at trying to motivate, but when you are ill, it feels a bit like scolding.  Sort of kicking you when you're down. 

I think being able to update your device to say "I'm ill at the moment" would be very useful. How about that triggering a new message such as "Hello, X, remember to take it easy and allow your body the time it needs to recover".  A more supportive message. 

After all, we can update our weight very simply on the app, so I think it's do-able.   And, I hope that you do feel better soon!  

Best Answer