Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Customer Service and Premium Promises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello –

I have been having issues with my Premium subscription since the end of June. It is now September, and I am frustrated. I have purchased at least six or seven Fitbit devices for myself and for my family over the years. I also purchased a subscription to Fitbit Coach. I received an email (several emails) warning me that Fitbit Coach was ending and that, as compensation for the inconvenience, I would receive a refund of the balance of my Fitbit Coach annual subscription AND I would receive a subscription to Fitbit Premium FOR A YEAR. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service agents who made me repeat the same story over and over again. I was required to send copies of the emails I received multiple times, and at the end of all this, I was told the only thing I was eligible for was a three-month free trial subscription to Fitbit Premium WHICH ANYONE IN IS ELIGIBLE FOR. I do not think it is too much to ask that I simply be given what I was offered.

I can’t spend any more time on the phone with an entry-level agent. Fitbit customer service has, in recent months or years, dropped to some of the worst I have experienced. It is not the fault of the agents. They simply have no authority to do anything. I believe this issue warrants consideration by someone who has the authority to remedy the situation, but I have never been given the opportunity to speak to anyone except a person who is hearing my situation for the first time and who is not empowered to do anything about it. A telephone call or a PERSONALIZED email would suffice.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@putncase Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Support and Fitbit Premium. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. I appreciate that you've being a Fitbit user for some years already. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, this helps us to continue improving. 

Take into consideration that for annual members you were going to receive a prorated refund of the remainder of the Coach membership and as an exclusive offer to support Coach members through the transition, if you weren't a Premium member, you could signed up for Fitbit Premium for a full year however, it needed to be done before July 30th, 2021. May I know if you signed up for this offer on the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I did sign up for the offer before the end of July. Or at least I tried to. Something did not work, and I have been in a customer service loop since then.

Thank you for responding.

Casey

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@putncase Thank you for getting back. 

I was able to see that your case has been redirected to the correct department, please continue the communication with them. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I appreciate your attention to this. Just so you are aware, this
is now, minimally, the third time my case has been "redirected,"
"escalated," or "expedited." In the end, I receive a robotic email telling
me I am eligible for a three-month free trial and that that is the only
promotion available.

I hope for something different this time. At the very least, your responses
have been comforting.

Casey Putnam
Best Answer

@putncase Thanks for sharing details on how your experience has been. 

Be sure that we do our best to help you fixing or solving any difficulty you might experience. Our Support team will provide the available options, thanks for your understanding. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello -

Now I feel like someone is trying to prank me. I just received this reply this evening:

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your question about Fitbit Coach.

We integrated content from the Fitbit Coach app and a variety of workouts, including yoga and bodyweight activities from popular brands, into our Fitbit Premium membership experience within the Fitbit app. This change makes it easier for you to access workouts and your Fitbit data all in one place. Therefore, we’ll no longer have the separate Fitbit Coach mobile app, website, or the on-wrist Coach workout app as of July 30, 2021. 

If you’re currently paying for a Fitbit Coach membership, here’s what you can expect:

• Annual members— you’ll receive a prorated refund of the remainder of your membership
  • Monthly members— you won’t incur any further monthly membership charges

As an exclusive offer to support you through this transition, if you’re not already a Fitbit Premium member, you can try Fitbit Premium for a year at no additional cost if you sign up by July 30, 2021. 

For more information see help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2279.htm

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com.

I don't understand it. Are there no actual humans reading any of the complaints that are submitted? What is happening in Fitbit customer service? This has been going on since the end of July. I just can't get an actual person to communicate with me. This is more exasperating than I can express. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

@putncase Thank you for sharing the email that you received from our team. 

I understand where you're coming from. Your feedback has been passed on to our team, be sure that this helps us to continue improving. I was able to update your case details, please expect a reply from our team soon. Due to the high volume contacts, there might be a delay on their behalf. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer