Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium Guide

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! 

I am very excited to announce the official release of Fitbit Premium, now available for purchase in select regions. This post will address some of the top questions we’ve seen for Fitbit Premium. For further details, check the information provided on our product page, our blog post, and help article. Fitbit Premium is available in the Fitbit app on Android and iOS.

Q: What is Fitbit Premium?

A: Fitbit Premium is a paid membership in the Fitbit app that leverages your unique data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help you reach your health and fitness goals. It was created leveraging insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data and academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customized programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and more – all in one place and made just for you. 

Q: Who is Fitbit Premium for?

A: The Premium membership is for the everyday consumer who is looking for extra support and motivation to begin to make healthy changes to improve their overall health and fitness. It’s perfect for those who are committed to taking action, but may not know where to start.

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

Q: Do I need to pay a recurring fee to use my Fitbit device?

A: No. Your Fitbit device will remain fully operational without a subscription to Fitbit Premium.

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.

Q: Has weekly sleep average been replaced by sleep score, or moved to Premium?

A: No, weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Q: What exactly do I get with Fitbit Premium, versus the free features? 

A: All Fitbit users will continue to enjoy the free features in the Fitbit app available today, such as daily and weekly trends for your activity, exercise, heart rate, and sleep, hourly activity, female health tracking, educational insights, the Fitbit community, and logging food, water, and weight.  

In addition to this, Fitbit Premium adds: 

• Guided Programs, which leverage expertise from the Fitbit Advisory Panel and internal experts to take you step-by-step through building healthy habits based on your own goals, fitness level, schedule, preferences, and unique stats.
  • Personalized Insights, which surface trends in your unique Fitbit stats to indicate when you’re on the right track with healthy behaviors and give you a gentle nudge when there’s an opportunity to improve. 
  • Advanced Sleep Features, which provide personalized sleep insights and a more thorough analysis of your stats with a comprehensive Sleep Score breakdown.
  • Dynamic Workouts, which give you access to thousands of workouts from certified personal trainers that will help you become stronger on your journey to optimal fitness. (Currently accessed with the Fitbit Coach app - but over time, workouts will become available directly in the Fitbit app.)
  • Games and Challenges, which will include adaptive, collaborative, and customizable challenges and games to be played with any family or friends you’re connected to on Fitbit, helping you all to stay motivated.

You can find more details on these Premium features in this blog post.

Q: How do I cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

A: Please follow the directions detailed in this help article.

Q: I received a gift card for Fitbit Premium from Best Buy, how do I redeem it? 

A: Redeem your gift certificate and find all FAQs here

If you have additional questions about Fitbit Premium, or just have some feedback you want to provide, let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear what you think.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
256 REPLIES 256

Hi @JuanFitbit 

thank you for your answer. Indeed I've contacted support due to another issue with Fitbit Coach subscription. This seems to be solved now. But I've lost the Premium access in between.

I still do not have any response from support nor any change in the app.

Please help I become used and enjoy the Premium programs fairly much.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ratoiul , thank you for your reply! I've contacted Support requesting information about your case. They informed me that they are working on it and you'll receive a reply as soon as possible. 

Please hang in there! Our Team  will provide you the best possible help. 

Let me know how it goes. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I don't see my sleeping heart rate any longer and that is now under the subscription price which you offer a 1 week free trail but nowhere can anyone find out the monthly price.    I recently read that Google wants to buy Fitbit, and that Fitbit is struggling to keep up with Apple.   I can see why now.   Some of us don't want all the exercise programs because we are older and it is not for older folks.    Yet you take away what the older folks need.   I most likely will end up purchasing an Apple Watch because they have some really important features for us older ones.     

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner , nice to see you back in the Community! Thank you for your feedback. Depending on your location, the price for Premium may vary . After you fill up the information for the 7 day trial, you'll get the price for your location. You don't have to get a subscription after the 7 days trial. 

We haven't removed any feature from the app.  You can still use the free version and keep using the same features, as you are used to. 

Premium is an extra service, with more features available. 

Be asure that our priority is to be a fitter Community, no matter the age or if one is an athlete or not. 

Regarding your situation with the heart rate, could you please confirm if you can see the heart rate during the day?  In the meantime, please have a look at this article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?

I'll be expecting your reply 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

Is there a timeline for when different counties will have access?  I live in Jordan and have a yearly Fitbit Coach membership.

Thank you,

Shafiqa

Shafiqa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Shafiqa , nice to see you back! Thank you for your interest for Premium! 

Premium will be available in English in 17 countries via the Fitbit app this fall, expanding to additional languages in 2020, including Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. 

I haven't received any specific information when it will be available in Jordan. If I get more information about it, I'll be glad to let you know. 

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I access Fitbit Premium in Denmark?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ska45 , nice to see you around in the Community! Thank you for your interest for Fitbit Premium. 

If Premium was already released on Denmark, you should see the Premium tab on your Fitbit App. 

1. Tap the Premium tab. 
  2. Read the overview, and tap the button to get started.
  3. Choose a 1-year or monthly subscription to start after your free trial, and follow the instructions to purchase.

If you cannot see the Premium tab, please verify that your Fitbit app is up to date. If already updated and you still cannot see the tab, it means that it hasn't been released in your region. In that case I'll ask you for a bit more patience until it is released there!

Thank you for your comprehension. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started my trial of fitbit premium yesterday but all my premium features are still locked. I've logged in and out several times from both the phone app and the pc app without luck. The trial ends on 11/23 so not sure how I am supposed to evaluate premium without seeing any feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ad_kop . a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for informing us about your situation. 

I contacted Support, and was told that you already called them. 

They are working in your case, and you'll receive instructions via Email very soon. 

Please keep working with Support as they will take good care of you .

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've subscribed but don't see anything different in the health & fitness stats area other than a wellness report. All the other icons just take you to what you see without premium.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What about your over night resting heart rate?
Charla
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @debraguk @SunsetRunner , nice to see you around! Thank you for your comments and feedback! 

You might have a look at these articles where you can find more about the Premium experience and the changes you might find in the app: 

https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-premium

What should I know about Fitbit Premium?

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

I think what you all don’t seem to understand is that us older ones don’t want all those exercises we can’t keep up. Therefore when I am ready I will be moving over to the Apple Watch. Thank you for making a change that doesn’t suit my needs. Then you won’t tell us what the cost of the premium is which most of what I don’t want. Perhaps you could let people pick and choose what they need rather than shove down our throats this nonsense,

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you. I've been telling them that between mine breaking and the Premium coming out. Arthritis and bad backs are a **ahem**. They think everyone that uses their watches are in tip top shape. I'd get a different one but the Apple's and other's you have to charge everyday. Can't check your sleep if you are charging the watch. Best feature is the long life battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @PatSwayze @SunsetRunner , thank you for your replies and comments.  As stated before, Premium is optional. If you still want to use the Fitbit App, and Fitbit products you can still use them without the subscription of Premium, as you have been doing until now! The use of Fitbit Premium is not obligatory!   Fitbit Premium is an additional service and an option to enhance the Fitbit experience. 

If you'll like a service or feature to be included  for not Premium users, you can always visit our Feature Suggestions Board. ( https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features ) 

You can check if the desired feature has been posted, and leave your vote and comment for it, or if you cannot find a suitable suggestion for your idea, you can open a thread for it!  

Let me know if you have further questions

Best Answer
Good point.

Sent from Charla's iPhone
Best Answer

Any word, besides "coming soon", on the new games? Got an annual premium subscription 3 months ago... What is "soon"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish Fitbit premium was able to be shared with folks in a Apple family account 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is oxygen sleep.data part of the premium.?  I bought it because of the heart rate monitor and for the sleep information.  If I cant get all this information.... my information... after buying the product then I feel duped

Best Answer
0 Votes