Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium Guide

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! 

I am very excited to announce the official release of Fitbit Premium, now available for purchase in select regions. This post will address some of the top questions we’ve seen for Fitbit Premium. For further details, check the information provided on our product page, our blog post, and help article. Fitbit Premium is available in the Fitbit app on Android and iOS.

Q: What is Fitbit Premium?

A: Fitbit Premium is a paid membership in the Fitbit app that leverages your unique data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help you reach your health and fitness goals. It was created leveraging insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data and academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customized programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and more – all in one place and made just for you. 

Q: Who is Fitbit Premium for?

A: The Premium membership is for the everyday consumer who is looking for extra support and motivation to begin to make healthy changes to improve their overall health and fitness. It’s perfect for those who are committed to taking action, but may not know where to start.

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

Q: Do I need to pay a recurring fee to use my Fitbit device?

A: No. Your Fitbit device will remain fully operational without a subscription to Fitbit Premium.

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.

Q: Has weekly sleep average been replaced by sleep score, or moved to Premium?

A: No, weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Q: What exactly do I get with Fitbit Premium, versus the free features? 

A: All Fitbit users will continue to enjoy the free features in the Fitbit app available today, such as daily and weekly trends for your activity, exercise, heart rate, and sleep, hourly activity, female health tracking, educational insights, the Fitbit community, and logging food, water, and weight.  

In addition to this, Fitbit Premium adds: 

• Guided Programs, which leverage expertise from the Fitbit Advisory Panel and internal experts to take you step-by-step through building healthy habits based on your own goals, fitness level, schedule, preferences, and unique stats.
  • Personalized Insights, which surface trends in your unique Fitbit stats to indicate when you’re on the right track with healthy behaviors and give you a gentle nudge when there’s an opportunity to improve. 
  • Advanced Sleep Features, which provide personalized sleep insights and a more thorough analysis of your stats with a comprehensive Sleep Score breakdown.
  • Dynamic Workouts, which give you access to thousands of workouts from certified personal trainers that will help you become stronger on your journey to optimal fitness. (Currently accessed with the Fitbit Coach app - but over time, workouts will become available directly in the Fitbit app.)
  • Games and Challenges, which will include adaptive, collaborative, and customizable challenges and games to be played with any family or friends you’re connected to on Fitbit, helping you all to stay motivated.

You can find more details on these Premium features in this blog post.

Q: How do I cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

A: Please follow the directions detailed in this help article.

Q: I received a gift card for Fitbit Premium from Best Buy, how do I redeem it? 

A: Redeem your gift certificate and find all FAQs here

If you have additional questions about Fitbit Premium, or just have some feedback you want to provide, let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear what you think.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
256 REPLIES 256

Here is an update for a neat trick I found. I have an Android phone and I can cast my screen to my TV through that built-in function. I tried it with the workout videos and it worked great - it even switched to landscape mode and played the audio through the TV. Exactly what I was looking for and already built into my phone! Give it a try. 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

--
Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

@JBeals It's nice to see you on the Community. I appreciate that you shared you were able to cast your Android screen on your TV. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have joined the free Fitbit premium offer. However when I try to log in with my Fitbit info I get an error message and can’t use it. Please fix this. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry but I don't have the Premium Pkg. Maybe you can email Fitbit support.  https://contact.fitbit.com

They can see when you sync. Sorry I couldn't be helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I signed up for the free 90-day subscription to premium. i'd love to do the videos. Why can't i access them on my laptop when logged in? watching on my iphone is completely useless. streaming to my appletv is not useful either because it is in a room where there isn't sufficient space to workout.

Best Answer

I was looking for the same resolution. I do have a mac so cannot download much apps on it as they're mostly available for iphone and ipad. Then i tried the https://coach.fitbit.com/.....i chose login with my Fitbit account and boom! worked like a charm and i can watch workouts. 

I hope you get sorted

Best Answer

Why can’t I log into my Fitbit coach via my Fitbit login? Every time I try it tells me it doesn’t recognise my account and when I use the website it tells me my email exists and to use it to log in but then takes me back to the original screen. Frustrated!

Best Answer

I'm sorry but I do not have Fitbit Premium. I'd suggest you email their support. https://contact.fitbit.com

They can look into your account as you sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as many users seem to have. I have had a Fitbit Coach subscription for few years already and would be keen on trying the new Premium features as well. I've tried re-installing both apps on my phone, been logging in and out as has been suggested in other threads, nothing seems to do the trick and the Premium content remains locked unless I sign up for a free 90 day trial...

I'm based in Finland using the app on iOS in English, as Premium is offered here as a service then it can't be a regional limitation as well which seemed to be the case in the beginning, so what could be the reason the content remains locked?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so grateful that Fitbit Premium is able to be used across all of my screens (iPhone, iPad, and iMac which allows me to mirror to my 60+ television screen).  It is such a good option specially in times when sheltering due to pandemic does not afford us to go to a gym.  I read somewhere someone asking for free trail.  I would agree with them, but mark my words -- the workouts are designed according to your goals and capacity....sorta cater to your needs.  Go for it! 

Best Answer

I bought Premium on Monday and immediately my sleep and heart rate functions ceased to work.  Other "features" are absent.  No luck reaching customer service    I have rebooted, refreshed, synced, no joy.  Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?  Argh.

Best Answer

My heart rate stopped working March 28 on my Charge 2.    It took 3 restarts to get to come back on.    I don't know which one you have but mine had to be plugged into the charged and plugged in, I just restarted it 3 times in a row.   Some how, some way, that did the trick.   I am afraid to even sigh up for the free 3 month premium.    I walk and I follow Leslie Sansone on you tube, there are plenty of ways to exercise.    

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for trying to help. I have the Versa Lite model and tried all the easy logical approaches. Turning on/off. Rebooting. Charging. Syncing. Etc. everything works except heart rate and sleep.

I am a personal trainer, so the device is super helpful- when it works😐

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse inventive spelling. This phone has a mind of its own.
Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa 2 is working fine now. I also got a new phone that checks your heartbeat and oxygen saturation Samsung 8+ has Samsung Health. Some features work with out a Samsung watch. Anyone having problems send an email to https://contact.fitbit.com. Please do not send me an email as I am not technical and can't help at all.

Best Answer

I am sorry but I have the Versa 2 Special Edition. I did have a Charge 3 I gave to a relative. But they are not having any problems with it. I suggest that you contact Fitbit by email at https://contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As mentioned in my post, have tried several times to reach support. No luck

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse inventive spelling. This phone has a mind of its own.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for participating in the forums and the details shared. 

@Deborah_S I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already contacted them and they were able to help you resolved this. 

@PatSwayze and @DVS777 Thanks for your input. 

@theotherla Hey there. Fitbit Premium is a feature that can be access from the Fitbit app. However, you can visit Fitbit Coach through your computer or stream it to your TV using your phone. If you would like to check Premium on the computer, please post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board

@Ohsoposh8 Hey there. Sorry to hear about this. I would like you to try the troubleshooting posted here

@ingridst Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. Fitbit Premium is available worldwide only in English as you mentioned your Fitbit app is in Englisht therefore your Premium features should be unlocked. I would like you to let me know if you're still not seeing these features unlocked. 

@GoTiger It's great to hear that you're loving Fitbit Premium. 

@HoldensDeeDee Thanks for letting me know that you've tried to reach our Support team. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. I've shared your post with our team and they've mentioned they were able to help you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Premium does not stand up to premium service. I have had a lot of
issues with it and simply asked for a refund within 5 weeks of having
Premium. Not worth the extra money and headaches. Customer Service was
helpful after I talked with 4 people. Maybe request a new fitbit???

*Michele Tibbitt*
*Be the Change You Want to See in the World - Gandhi*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit

i am right now enjoying your amazing Premium offer, and would really like to purchase the 1year subscription when it runs out in June, but it seems like i cannot choose that..i have it saying that my subscription will be monthly, and even when cancelling that, i cannot seem to choose the yearly option, only restore the monthly (in the app store).

Can you somehow help me out here?

I even tried to buy it via the Fitbit store, only to get the message that you do not ship to addresses outside US (!?!??! it is a membership online, not a physical thing as i know 😄 )

Best regards,
Susan

Best Answer
0 Votes