Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium Guide

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! 

I am very excited to announce the official release of Fitbit Premium, now available for purchase in select regions. This post will address some of the top questions we’ve seen for Fitbit Premium. For further details, check the information provided on our product page, our blog post, and help article. Fitbit Premium is available in the Fitbit app on Android and iOS.

Q: What is Fitbit Premium?

A: Fitbit Premium is a paid membership in the Fitbit app that leverages your unique data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help you reach your health and fitness goals. It was created leveraging insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data and academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customized programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and more – all in one place and made just for you. 

Q: Who is Fitbit Premium for?

A: The Premium membership is for the everyday consumer who is looking for extra support and motivation to begin to make healthy changes to improve their overall health and fitness. It’s perfect for those who are committed to taking action, but may not know where to start.

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

Q: Do I need to pay a recurring fee to use my Fitbit device?

A: No. Your Fitbit device will remain fully operational without a subscription to Fitbit Premium.

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.

Q: Has weekly sleep average been replaced by sleep score, or moved to Premium?

A: No, weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Q: What exactly do I get with Fitbit Premium, versus the free features? 

A: All Fitbit users will continue to enjoy the free features in the Fitbit app available today, such as daily and weekly trends for your activity, exercise, heart rate, and sleep, hourly activity, female health tracking, educational insights, the Fitbit community, and logging food, water, and weight.  

In addition to this, Fitbit Premium adds: 

• Guided Programs, which leverage expertise from the Fitbit Advisory Panel and internal experts to take you step-by-step through building healthy habits based on your own goals, fitness level, schedule, preferences, and unique stats.
  • Personalized Insights, which surface trends in your unique Fitbit stats to indicate when you’re on the right track with healthy behaviors and give you a gentle nudge when there’s an opportunity to improve. 
  • Advanced Sleep Features, which provide personalized sleep insights and a more thorough analysis of your stats with a comprehensive Sleep Score breakdown.
  • Dynamic Workouts, which give you access to thousands of workouts from certified personal trainers that will help you become stronger on your journey to optimal fitness. (Currently accessed with the Fitbit Coach app - but over time, workouts will become available directly in the Fitbit app.)
  • Games and Challenges, which will include adaptive, collaborative, and customizable challenges and games to be played with any family or friends you’re connected to on Fitbit, helping you all to stay motivated.

You can find more details on these Premium features in this blog post.

Q: How do I cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

A: Please follow the directions detailed in this help article.

Q: I received a gift card for Fitbit Premium from Best Buy, how do I redeem it? 

A: Redeem your gift certificate and find all FAQs here

If you have additional questions about Fitbit Premium, or just have some feedback you want to provide, let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear what you think.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
256 REPLIES 256

@PatSwayze You can still see your sleep and HR even without Premium.  That's not going away.

I will be very happy when the SpO2 sensors are in use, but we just have to wait.  I would still use a Fitbit even without it, so it doesn't impact my daily life.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Does being a Fitbit Premium subscriber offer a better support service? I'm not getting any response to emails or tweets, and I've been waiting for four hours for an agent to become available in online chat.

Best Answer

There's a breathing part when you are sleeping in Premium that would be very beneficial for me.

Best Answer

@PatSwayze 

Here is an article on wearables & SPO2 sensors. The FDA is involved in the approval process. https://www.wareable.com/wearable-tech/fda-wearables-state-of-play-239

FitBit remains the cutting edge leader and is ready to go with device hardware in place. 

I’m confident FitBit will deliver. My patience is likely necessary tho 😉

Best Answer

@PatSwayze 

Trying out Premium here & like you the sleep aspect is of particular interest. 

Liking all of what I see. Lots of informative articles & insights. What, when & how much I do things during the day has a direct impact on my sleep. 

So, seeing the whole picture and not just sleep by itself really is providing me the tools for not only assessment but results. 🙂

I consider FitBit an investment in my health with huge returns. Being unwell is far more costly....and time consuming. 

FitBit user since the beginning 10 years. 

There has been a tremendous evolution during this time. I’m excited to now watch Premium evolve, to further assist us in improving our quality of life. 

Best Answer

Could someone please clarify for me whether sleep stages (REM, Light, Deep) is not included AT ALL in the free version of Fitbit Sleep tracking, and therefore only available in the subscription?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disregard (can't delete?), I found the information I was looking for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep score was free online last year. Now they have added it to the Premium. Just not fair for us on Disability and only use a few apps but they are the most part for me to keep track of. They should split the app up. Not everyone can bike ride or exercise, swim all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know it is still in the Free app.

Best Answer

I signed up for the free 7-day trial but the only thing I can see that is different are the more specific sleep-score breakdowns. I tried looking for the other features, but there is nothing new under “guidance”. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No that's all the difference I see also. Although it's one that I want to have, but at $79.99 a year or $9.99 a month , that's really to steep on people on disability. Or a small income.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for your input, feedback, and other comments. 

I'm glad to hear the opinion, help and feedback, of those who already have tried Fitbit Premium.

@mattyboy , I've verified with Support and was informed, that your case was already resolved. How was it with Support?

@PatSwayze , thanks for your comments. If you consider that you won't use all the features offered with the Premium subscription. You can always check our partner apps. Maybe you can find something there that fills your needs. Those apps can be linked to your Fitbit app and account. 

I'll be around if anyone needs more assistance. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kayyl3 This worked a treat. I had logged out of the fitbit app, but coach was always logged in. Android must have a link between accounts in the background. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All the apps are all fitness apps. Nothing that would have the sleep score you offer. You people at Fitbit know you have added things for your watches only. Trying to make bucks off of people on disability.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  I have had Fitbit Premium for several weeks now and my subscription of £7.99 a month is due on the 16th October.  Yesterday Premium disappeared from my fit bit app. Please can you tell me how to restore it? Thanks.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed my issue. Make sure you have the coach app installed on your iPhone, otherwise you'll run in troubles. Installed it and got the premium feature working.

Best Answer

Hi, I purchased fitbit premium service however, the service doesn't seem to have worked. But I have been charged on my credit card. I have cancelled my subscription and reactivated my subscription but it still doesn't seem to work. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. It's awesome to see that the information shared has helped others. 

@Sozzie , have you  tried the tips from our friend @TheOGKirikou ? 

@Emkingroberts19 , thanks for the information.  Our recommendation if you purchased a Premium subscription and it doesn’t activate, is to check that you’re logged into the same account you used to purchase your subscription. To prevent being charged twice, don't repurchase your Premium subscription. If 8 hours passed since you purchased a subscription,let me know so that I can help you contact Support. 

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi Sozzie,

I have the same issue here. I have since years a Fitbit Coach yearly subscription and I was able to access Permium, too. Now my Coach subscription renewal was due on 18th and it happened. But at same time the Premium programs disappeared.

@support please help gaining back access to Premium programs.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ratoiul , nice to see you back ! Support informed me that you already contacted them and that they are verifying your case. Please keep an eye on your inbox. Please keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes