Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium Guide

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! 

I am very excited to announce the official release of Fitbit Premium, now available for purchase in select regions. This post will address some of the top questions we’ve seen for Fitbit Premium. For further details, check the information provided on our product page, our blog post, and help article. Fitbit Premium is available in the Fitbit app on Android and iOS.

Q: What is Fitbit Premium?

A: Fitbit Premium is a paid membership in the Fitbit app that leverages your unique data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help you reach your health and fitness goals. It was created leveraging insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data and academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customized programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and more – all in one place and made just for you. 

Q: Who is Fitbit Premium for?

A: The Premium membership is for the everyday consumer who is looking for extra support and motivation to begin to make healthy changes to improve their overall health and fitness. It’s perfect for those who are committed to taking action, but may not know where to start.

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

Q: Do I need to pay a recurring fee to use my Fitbit device?

A: No. Your Fitbit device will remain fully operational without a subscription to Fitbit Premium.

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.

Q: Has weekly sleep average been replaced by sleep score, or moved to Premium?

A: No, weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Q: What exactly do I get with Fitbit Premium, versus the free features? 

A: All Fitbit users will continue to enjoy the free features in the Fitbit app available today, such as daily and weekly trends for your activity, exercise, heart rate, and sleep, hourly activity, female health tracking, educational insights, the Fitbit community, and logging food, water, and weight.  

In addition to this, Fitbit Premium adds: 

• Guided Programs, which leverage expertise from the Fitbit Advisory Panel and internal experts to take you step-by-step through building healthy habits based on your own goals, fitness level, schedule, preferences, and unique stats.
  • Personalized Insights, which surface trends in your unique Fitbit stats to indicate when you’re on the right track with healthy behaviors and give you a gentle nudge when there’s an opportunity to improve. 
  • Advanced Sleep Features, which provide personalized sleep insights and a more thorough analysis of your stats with a comprehensive Sleep Score breakdown.
  • Dynamic Workouts, which give you access to thousands of workouts from certified personal trainers that will help you become stronger on your journey to optimal fitness. (Currently accessed with the Fitbit Coach app - but over time, workouts will become available directly in the Fitbit app.)
  • Games and Challenges, which will include adaptive, collaborative, and customizable challenges and games to be played with any family or friends you’re connected to on Fitbit, helping you all to stay motivated.

You can find more details on these Premium features in this blog post.

Q: How do I cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

A: Please follow the directions detailed in this help article.

Q: I received a gift card for Fitbit Premium from Best Buy, how do I redeem it? 

A: Redeem your gift certificate and find all FAQs here

If you have additional questions about Fitbit Premium, or just have some feedback you want to provide, let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear what you think.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
256 REPLIES 256

I would love it if you could guide me to the right support /customer service technician to provide information on how I can access premium on my laptop. Doing videos on a 5"x3" screen is not very reasonable. I continue to get conflicting messages and no one really knows what to tell me. I would like to utilize premiums videos (that is the reason I paid $99.00, otherwise I should have just gone with Beachbody.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://contact.fitbit.com..... They will answer within a day with a case number and help.

Best Answer
I called them.... It did not work.

Thanks anyway. I'm stuck.

Tracy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared regarding your experience with Fitbit Premium. We're always striving to improve our services offered. 

If you would like to buy Fitbit Premium, please visit this page. Remember that the price will change depending where you're located. 

@Bluejay1024 Hey. You might be interested in this idea: Premium family plan or family discount.

@ZoieM Hey there. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Fitbit Premium. 

@Michele2020 Welcome to the Community. In order to check Fitbit Coach on your laptop, visit the Fitbit Coach website

@TracyT It's nice to see you around.I would like you to provide me with more details about what you're experiencing. Are you able to see Premium on your app? Are you seeing the estimated oxygen variations? 

Regarding your question about estimated oxygen variation on the Fitbit app, it's available to all customers who have a Charge 3, Ionic or a Versa series device. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I track my estimated oxygen variation in the Fitbit app? 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Everything is working just fine with Premium (as near as I can tell as a
new user). My problem is that I signed up for Coach thinking I would
automatically have Premium. Not the case. I never even used Coach, but
neither Fitstar, or the Google Play store will return my $11.01. Fitbit
customer service basically said it wasn't their issue (although Coach
and Premium were intertwined not long ago and Fibit support has an
option for problems with Coach/Premium in their phone tree). I'm
basically disgusted with them all, but I'm trying Premium for another
month to see what I think.

Thanks. Tracy

--
Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

@TracyT Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that everything is working fine for you. 

If you bought Fitbit Coach membership, you should have access to Fitbit Premium features. I would like you to confirm that your Fitbit app is in English because it's available only in English. Did you sign up for the Premium trial? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I purchased one month of Coach and then canceled it immediately when I
realized I did not have Premium WITH Coach. I called Fitbit Customer
Service to verify that a Coach purchase did not give access to Premium.

After cancelling Coach (yes, it is good for 30 days since no one will
refund my money, but I have removed it from my phone). I now have a
month of Premium paid for separately, which I'm trying out.

Yes, Coach was in English.

Thanks. Tracy

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TracyT Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that you're trying Premium for a month. 

Don't hesitate to post back if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont know where you are getting your information. I am not trying Premium. I have already tried Premium one month ago and decided against it.

Thanks.

Zoie

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Zoie,

Somehow wires are getting crossed. This message was written to me,
TracyT as I am trying Premium for a month, not to you...

TracyT

--

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea what you are talking about. I already had premium that I
purchased back in January. It doesn't play on my PC. I requested a refund
from Apple and haven't heard back from them. Your customer service
Cancelled MY EXTENDED WARRANTY when I was inquiring about getting refunded
for the Premium service. Complete mess! Not impressed with Fitbit's
customer service knowledge. I have spent over 4 hours trying to fix Fitbit
Customer Service error and it still is not resolved.

*Michele Tibbitt*
*Be the Change You Want to See in the World - Gandhi*
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZoieM Thanks for your input. Let's stay on topic, this thread was created to ask for information about Fitbit Premium or in case you experienced any issue with it, we'll be happy to help you. 

@Michele2020 It's nice to see you on the Community. Sorry to hear about your experience with our Customer Service. Fitbit Premium is only available on your phone. However, you're able to check your Coach workouts in your computer. 

Regarding the issue that you experienced with your extended warranty, I've clarified the refund that you wanted to receive and they will reach out to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what about my $11.01 refund since you are talking refunds...?

--
Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TracyT Hey there. I've shared your post with our team and they've mentioned you already had a case with them about this, if you have any question about it, please reply back.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!
--
Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer

I've been trying the premium content workouts and they are great, but is there a way that I can cast them on my TV? It's difficult to see what's going sometimes on via my phone screen when I'm trying to change positions and move to keep up the the instructor. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called FitBit support and workouts are not available on a laptop or TV
to the best of my knowledge.

Tracy

--
Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

You may think of casting the phone content to TV using a Miracast adapter, e.g. MS, Google have casting devices.

Best Answer

I don't have the Premium package.

Best Answer

@JBeals Welcome to the Community. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Premium content. 

I would follow @ratoiul advice. At the moment, the only workouts that you're able to stream are the ones from Coach website. If you would like that this could be an option in the future, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

@PatSwayze Hey there. If you would like Premium Membership, you may want to check this article for more information about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes