Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone! I apologize for the delayed in my reply. 

If you would like to cancel the Premium trial, it needs to be done from the store that you purchase it from. For example, if you subscribed using the Apple store, you'll need to go into the App store subscriptions and cancel it from there.

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

Please check the instructions on this article for more detailed instructions. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

Welcome to the Forums, @Redclover.

Regarding your inquiry, for instructions on how to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, I recommend checking the Apple support page or Google Play support page.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks.  I had already tried that and the Fitbit Premium subscription was not showing up on my apple account (maybe because it's in the trial period? I can only guess).  What did work was going back through my emails and finding the "you signed up" welcome email -- it included a link that I was able to use to manage/cancel the subscription.  Thankfully I hadn't deleted it. 

The Fitbit app should really permit you to view and change your subscriptions.  Making it this difficult is pretty irritating. Particularly if you aren't able to cancel until AFTER the free trial period has already ended.

Best Answer

I just had the same problem and agree with you wholeheartedly. 

Best Answer
This is what I did to cancel my Premium. Go to https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions. Find your subscription and hit the option cancel subscription.
Best Answer

Thanks, RedClover!

Your tip about using the link provided in the sign-up email was the trick! Thank you for posting it!

Best Answer

I got the trial — didn’t even get the option NOT to take it. I didn’t get a “welcome” email. I checked Google and I have no subscriptions. I HATE premium. How do I get rid of this aggravating thing?!!!

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the link. I was having the worst time trying to cancel my subscription. 

Best Answer

Thank you... I spend hours trying to figure out how to cancel this subscription... FITBIT didn't make it easy at all ... even their instructions were deceiving, it tells you to do it through their website... thank you...

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Mimimalone! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This is the best answer!

I, too, was having a difficult time trying to find where to cancel my trial subscription.  However I went to the Google Play Store app, clicked on my Subscriptions, and there it was. Canceling was easy. Thank you so much for your suggestion. 

Best Answer

Tried it for 5 days, completely underwhelmed. Found these answers here, cancelled it within 2 minutes, only because of the answers found here. Thanks so much, sorry for anyone who had trouble.

Best Answer

hi, i canceled my trial buy looking at my gmail and pressing review your subscription. then it took me to the app store and i could press cancel. So it worked for me. Im on an apple Ipad so i don't know if that changes anything

Best Answer

If you have an iPhone, To cancel your subscription, please go to your Apple account, you'll need to contact Apple support: www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/.  Then click on Billings and Subscriptions, then Subscriptions and Purchases, then Manage Subscriptions which will open your iTunes store.  Your FitBit Premium subscription should be there with an option to cancel.

There's probably a more direct route, but these were the instructions I received and was able to cancel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree, talk about entrapment! No easy way to unsubscribe until I found a Google Play email which allowed me to cancel my Premium subscription. Bugger all within the app or website. Very glad I didn't delete the email.. Nearly deleted my entire Fitbit account in anger/frustration!!

Best Answer

Thank you! That was it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the link. I tried all the other suggestions no luck. Yours worked thankfully. Terrible service to cancel, it should not be that difficult, I didn't even receive an email with a link to cancel. 

Best Answer

Ugh **ahem** it!! Cannot find it in there.  It shows my other subscriptions so it's not that it's not showing any -.- just not this stupid fitbit premium.... even if I had actually liked the premium(I don't because the supposed dr medical report is useless and it shows less than the fitbit app does, so easier for my dr just to use the free app to see it all), but the subscription being completely unable to be cancelled 'at any time' like it promoted (which I think is really false advertising imo) I would NEVER sign up to it again if it was useful for my dr.

Best Answer

(sorry new to forums and can't work out how to edit my above post) So I also tried the email they sent saying I'd joined but it has no links to anywhere but to the fitbit app specifically to use the premium features on it and NOTHING on the premium service or any links to editing or cancelling it or any links that aren't broken(yes one of the links you click on says it is broken -.- way to go fitbit, I'm starting to remember why I got rid of my last fitbit with so many simple and money hungry issues not fixed, for their benefit, not their users benefit....)

Anyway I am just out of ideas and have tried all the options, I've even logged into the couch fitbit website and nadda there either -.-... I cannot afford to pay for an app I bought for medical purposes that I will get nothing out when I now plan to look into an actually compatible medical app possibly for the fitbit instead.

Would appreciate any and all help on this ASAP please.

Best Answer