Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

Well my subscription went through Google Play so I went into Google Play and on the left side about midway down was  "My Subscriptions" and I clicked on that and was able to cancel it there. You will need to log into your account but the link is: https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions .

I hope this helps. If you used Apple I can't say because I didn't subscribe through Apple.

Best Answer

I had the same problem, even after calling Fitbit customer service. Finally found a video on apple's website that explained how to manage subscriptions. Here's how to do it:

1) Go to your settings

2) Click on your name at the very top

3) Click on Subscriptions

4) Find Fitbit Premium and cancel

Hope this helps someone. God bless!

Best Answer

Thank you for the link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If on iPhone, you can go to the app store and click your profile picture. From there, you can go into your subscriptions and cancel. Don't know why this was so buried. Kinda shisty. This kind of shady, difficult cancellation guarantees I won't be subscribing to anything in the future. 

Best Answer

This did the trick! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Minimal one you are the bomb!  Thank you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot believe that's your best answer.  Just wasted so much time trying to figure out how to cancel this on an IphoneSE (no subscription option in settings) and a Chromebook (no iTunes).  What a freaking scam.  And no way is Fitbit Premium worth $80 a year. 

Best Answer

Thank you! Your post solved my problem. Much appreciated. Disappointed in Fitbit.

Best Answer

I had the same problem!!  Couldn't find the email.  BUT - finally figured out that I have TWO different emails on my phone.  I had signed up in the Google Play store under the second account.  When I changed the icon to that account, I was able to find and cancel the subscription.  Easily.  The problem was that there are two different emails on the same phone and it was looking for "subscriptions" under the wrong one.

Best Answer

I went to the Apple Support page which redirected me to my iTunes subscription page. I still was unable to cancel my premium trial. Please help... (It really shouldn't be this complicated!)

Best Answer

Hey everyone! I apologize for the delayed in my reply. 

If you would like to cancel the Premium trial, it needs to be done from the store that you purchase it from. For example, if you subscribed using the Apple store, you'll need to go into the App store subscriptions and cancel it from there.

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

Please check the instructions on this article for more detailed instructions. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So I followed all the steps in the article you sent. It took me to my fitbit coach account and after logging in, I scrolled down my subscription section... and I still could not cancel my subscription.

Best Answer
The link in your original sign-up email worked for me.

Jenny
Best Answer

@pandrewhuang A warm welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I was checking your previous post and it seems that you subscribed to Premium from the Apple Store, please follow this procedure to cancel your subscription. 

@Gymladyft It's good to hear that the instructions on this thread helped you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
The way I was finally able to do it:
I realized I had TWO emails set up on my phone, A and B.
I had been trying to fix the problem from the Google Play store - which
kept telling me I had no subscriptions under account A (my primary
account). For some reason, I had downloaded premium under account B (which
I almost never use).
I signed OUT of account A, logged into subscriptions in account B, and
finally saw the link to unsubscribe.

THIS WAS RIDICULOUS.
Best Answer

@sephira775 Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that this was resolved, I'm sure your experience will help others on the forums. 

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Thanks DanaeB for your reply. I had spent an hour trying to cancel my premium trial to no avail. I then stumbled across your link and was done in 30 seconds. Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It worked. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just discovered the answer.  On Apple Iphone go to settings, click on your name, click on subscriptions and it should show up there.

Best Answer