Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

@pompeymaz Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If your Google Play store is not showing Premium subscriptions. I'd like you to double check if it was purchased through Fitbit.com, in which case, if you want to cancel it, you need to follow the procedure mentioned in this article

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there SilviaFitBit,

I have the three month trial and so the subscription is not showing up on my iPhone or in my account, but I do not want to have the subscription at all as I have not used it and do not find it helpful. How to I stop the app from charging me for this feature before the three month trial expires (which was added to my account when I bought my second Aria scale).

I do not want to be charged for a service that I do not use and because of the convoluted process to cancel it (which I am unable to do at the moment because it is a trial) and would appreciate being informed how to cancel this before I am charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too,am having great difficulty cancelling the free Premium trial. I signed up for the free trial on my Fitbit but have never used it.. I can’t find anything on my IPhone or the Fitbit itself.regarding cancelling subscriptions. There is no,way I am paying £80 fo something I will never use. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gthgrl Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team, please continue the communication with them, this to avoid any confusion. 

@Luebelue Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for details shared. 

If your subscription was purchased through Apple, follow the steps described on this article to cancel it. If you're not seeing the button to cancel it, it means it has been deactivated. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if I switched from android (where I originally did my trial) to IPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You go into your subscriptions in you AppStore settings and cancel subscription and when the option is no longer clickable to cancel it means it has been canceled it’ll say it’s still there but it’s canceled. You go to the App Store click on your account on the top right , click subscriptions and click on the subscription you would like to cancel, if it does not work or if you are unsure you can always call fit bit support during their office hours

Ms. Smith
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBloodOath Thanks for the recommendations shared. 

@wallee1337 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Before switching entirely to iPhone, make sure that your subscription has been cancelled on your Android phone, this to avoid future charges, check out this article for full instructions. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still unable to remove the Premium Trail from my Samsung Android phone. It does not show the Fitbit Premium Trail as a subscription in Google Play. It is most likely an issue with the fact that I originally created the FitBit account with an email address from my personal domain, and not from my Google Account. Google does not recognize that the personal domain email account as valid, so it would seem that FitBit pay might be where the "subscription" has been registered. However, there is actually no ability to see what is under FitBit Pay, nor what credit card(s) are registered. I have clicked the link to clear FitBet Pay; tells me I have successfully removed all credit cards. But I still cannot find any way to remove the Premium Trail! I really do not like or want to continue to use there Premium Features. How can the trail be removed? All the provided answers I have read so far are useless...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call support at this point if you haven’t already and even if you have do it again here’s the number

(877) 623-4997

Ms. Smith
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBloodOath Thanks for your input. 

@JAM_Versa Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the research performed prior to posting. 

Let me clarify that Fitbit Pay will store the credit cards stored on your Fitbit device, which are then used to make contactless payments. Learn more about it by checking this article

If your Premium was purchased through Google Play Store, it needs to be cancelled from there too. You may want to contact Play Store for assistance on how to cancel your subscriptions with the account where it was purchased. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa does not have the Fitbit Pay on the back. I did not purchase
Fitbit Premium on Google Pay. My Fitbit app suddenly shows the Premium
features as in my Account. To the best of my knowledge, I did not actually
intend to have Premium, but I may have tapped the Premium Trial that
started the features. I no longer wish to continue with these Premium
features, but am not able to identify anywhere in the Fitbit app and Google
Play does not show any purchase of Fitbit Premium. I have not seen and
charges on any of my credit cards for a Fitbit related charge.

So, how do I disable these Premium Features.?

--
Jim Mitchell
President, Sr. Software Architect
Mainsail Software LLC
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JAM_Versa Thank you for getting back. 

It's odd what you experienced. In this case, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes