Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit community!

I'd like to share the steps you need to follow in order to cancel your Fitbit Premium Subscription. 

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture.
  • Scroll down and tap Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  • Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

If you purchased your subscription in the Google Play Store using PayPal but you don’t see your subscription listed, cancel the subscription from your PayPal account directly. For more information, please visit the PayPal help site.

If you sign in to the Fitbit app using a Google account, visit this page to manage or cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription 

If you purchased your subscription on the Fitbit.com website, please contact our Customer Support directly to receive further assistance with this process, they'll be able to cancel the subscription for you.

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Hi @TerriMcG, welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13, thanks for your great help.

@TerriMcG, I've moved your post to the Premium board so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community, as well to keep our forums organized. Please give a try to the great suggestions shared by our friend @Odyssey13 to cancel your Premium subscription and let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Last year on Black Friday , I purchased an ACE 2 (through Fitbit.com) as a Christmas present for my daughter, and it came with a 3 month free trial Fitbit Premium subscription. I didn't know that the subscription started when you first purchase the Fitbit. I figured it started when you first turn on the device. Anyways, the trial period ended a few days ago and decided to cancel it since it wasn't going to be used by my 6 year old.

I tried to cancel it through my Fitbit app (I have iOS) and when I go to manage subscriptions in the app, it sends me to my phone's subscriptions list with no Fitbit Premium subscription listed. I figured that this was because it was bought through the website and not through Apple Play store.

On my desktop I logged into my account on Fitbit.com, clicked on the Avatar Icon and on the menu clicked on My Subscriptions where it shows me that I have no subscriptions listed.

At this point I call the 877-623-4997 and lo and behold an outsourced customer service (not surprising to say the least). They look up my email and say I have a subscription. I tell them I want to cancel and the representative told me he will escalate this claim to another department and that I will receive an email soon from them that asks me a couple of questions about cancelling. I asked the Rep. if there is another way to cancel that is less hassling than what I've already had to deal with and he said NO only because it was not bought through the Google or Apple Store.

At the end of our conversation, I told him I called two days prior and did this same exact phone call with another Rep. and that I still haven't received anything. I asked the question, "what happens if I get nothing until after I am billed for the next month?" I wasn't surprised when he said he "has no idea and no control of what happens in that department since he has limited access".

I am at my wits' end with this and asking for a friend here. Has anyone else dealt with this same issue? I didn't ever think I had to go through so much trouble just to cancel a subscription for a simple tech device that should be user-friendly.

Best Answer

this is from a Moderator: "you need to do the following procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription: 

1. I'd like to share the steps you need to follow in order to cancel your Fitbit Premium Subscription. 

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I am also struggling with this.

I've been trying to get support with the chat on the website all day, but can't just sit in front of the screen without going back to work (it just says "help is on the way" and stays that way for a long time and then just brings me back to the support homepage eventually - if at least it made a sound to give a notification when either support is finally there, or if it's timed out so I can try again - or letting me just type my concern and then the support can get back to me on their own time).

I placed the order for a 3 month free trial of Premium on Dec. 1, 2020, so on March 1 it will expire, and I do not have money for this, so I need it cancelled before this. In the app or website there is no option to cancel. I checked in the Google Play Store under subscriptions, it is not there either. Though I am pretty sure I ordered via the website. I even checked on PayPal, it is not there either (whereas other subscriptions are listed no problem both on PayPal and Google Play Store). How can I make sure that I will not be charged, i.e. that my subscription is cancelled?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

hi, 

I need a help with cancelling the premium.

I was given a free trial when purchased a new model on your webpage, the model was faulty and we had to return it. The "manage subscription"  in my app doesn't show the current subscription and as I don't use the premium features I was sure I don't have the subscription anymore. Today I was charged for a new month and the card was used is the one I used for the new watch purchase. I contacted the support, but they couldn't help and just told me that I will be concated, but it shouldn't be so hard to cancel a subscription. Also they didn't answer the questions: 

1) How could I know that I have one if the app doesn't show the subscription?

2) Where the information about my card is stored? I want it to be removed

3) How can I cancel it and have a proof of cancellation? 

4) I would like a refund (I was charged today).

Thank you!

Best Answer

I have managed to cancel now contacting the Premium services directly: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/fitbit-premium?language=en_US&co=GB

But the questions  still remain: why I was charged if the app doesn't show the subsciption, why my card from the purchase was charged (not the one connected to the app store) and I really would like to get the refund!

It is really dissapointing as up to the latest purchase and this cancellation mess I was a big fitbit fan!    

Best Answer

Just got an invoice for 3 months trial (£7.99) after receiving  confirmation of the cancellation. Not sure what to do, as premium services cannot give an update or explain what is happening, I am asked to wait for an email. My app doesn't show any active subscription ( in "manage subscription"), but remains Premium. 

Does anyone have similar problem? 

update: a few days later I was contacted via email by the fitbit team. My premium is cancelled and refund is issued for the £7.99. 

Best Answer

@Digital_Pants Hi there. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I appreciate the time you took to contact our Support team. Since the subscription was purchased through Fitbit.com, our team will be happy to help with the cancellation. I noticed your case has been transferred to the team that will help you with this, be sure that we're hard working to help our users with their requests. 

@Mariiaa Hi there. I see where your disappointment is coming from. Thanks for the details shared. Since the subscription was purchased through Fitbit.com, this is why our team needed to help you with the cancellation. Regarding your inquiries about the card details and a proof of cancellation, I've noticed your case has been transferred to a higher Support level and they'll be happy to provide further details about it. 

Take into consideration that some users have noticed that even when Premium has been cancelled, they still have access to it but it disappears after a couple of days, be sure that yours have been cancelled. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Silvia, hello!

I'm also struggling with canceling my Premium Trial. I've checked the FAQ, it says in case if the trial was activated via the website, I have to contact the support team. No emails are available for them. On the premium page, the chat is also not available. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks!

Best Answer

@Igor.Ladkin Hi there. Thanks for the research done prior to posting. 

Our Support team will be happy to help you, click here to get connected, a chat or call link will be available. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I'm going through this now....it's a nightmare.  So much for the "free" trial membership. 

This doesn't work for the free trial memberships fyi 

Thank you...this worked, I hope! At least I didn't get the run around and the wait and be contacted verbiage 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work. It is just an endless loop that brings me back to the fitbit app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sportsmom9698 @askljd Hi there. I've shared your posts with our Support team and they mentioned, you've been in contact with them. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo, I bought my wife a charge 2, 3 months ago and recently been debited for Fitbit premium which I don't recall agreeing too. As I bought it on Fitbit.com I contacted customer support as you suggested but taken to the community tab and no way of cancelling Fitbit premium. Can you help, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely not helpful since I’ve already explained in great detail why none of these steps work and have already attempted all of this.... 

Best Answer

Update: still no email from this “department” 

Best Answer

Has this actually worked for anyone?  I tried chat, but it seems that all their reps are gone.  At least the message I received said that someone had snagged the last one.  The phone rep was able to help me, though.  Just call them and get it over with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Martinjs1 @sw7 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned you've been in contact with them, please continue the communication through email. 

@Dorrison It's great to see you in the forums. Your input is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all your instructions and it doesn't work. The three month free subscription doesn't show up in the subscription list. I feel like you are running a scam. I received an email telling me that my free subscription is going to convert to a paid subscription and it provided a link where I can go to cancel. I finally ended up here and followed your entire set of instructions, to no avail. I'm so angry! I'm ready to throw my FitBit in the trash. How can I simply cancel my free subscription so I don't have to pay you any money?

Best Answer

Earlier I replied to one of the posts in this string. I can't find it now. I was so pissed because I followed all the instructions to cancel the subscription and nothing worked. I just want to apologize to the moderator for my rant. I was finally able to chat with Fitbit premium support and that person cancelled the subscription for me. It took about two hours to get a confirmation email, but that is still the way to do it. Good luck!

Best Answer