Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mindfulness sessions not logging heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having an issue with my fitbit where when I go to do my mindfulness for the day it never tracks my heart rate.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Thank you, my Fitbit inspire 2 now logs meditation sessions as before.  However it doesn't show the change in pulse rate on a meditation as it did before.  It just says that the pulse is not available, even though the rate is being displayed  on the device and the app at that time, is this another bug?

Thank you

Sue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chaddles274 @soo345 Hi there. I moved your post to the main board, this to better assist you. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. Please restart your Fitbit, make sure that it has the latest firmware version installed and check that the Fitbit app is up-to-date too. 

Once performed this, confirm that you're doing this procedure to track your Mindfulness sessions: 

1. On your device, open the Relax app. The 2-minute session is the first option. Swipe up to choose the 5-minute session.
  2. Tap the play icon to start the session.
  3. Remain still and breathe deeply during the calibration period, which lasts 30-40 seconds. The phrase “sensing your breathing” appears on your screen.
  4. When prompted, follow the on-screen guide (the circle on your screen) and breathe deeply. You can close your eyes because your device vibrates when it's time to inhale and exhale.
  5. After the session, you see a summary that shows your alignment (how closely you followed the breathing prompt), your heart rate at the start and end of the session, and how many days you completed a guided breathing session this week.

Note: You can’t pause the session, but you can quit at any time by pressing the button (buttons on Inspire 2).

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I'm not sure how to follow your instructions as I don't know where the 'relax app' is am I looking at the app on my phone or at the fitbit? - On my I can click on an icon that opens mindfulness sessions but that doesn't take me to anywhere that allows me to calibrate.  I have a fitbit inspire 2.

Thank you

Sue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed that mine does not show the heart rate right away. If I go out and sync my device, then go into My Journey and the session the heart rate updates.

Best Answer

@soo345 Thank you for getting back. The Relax app will be found on your Inspire 2's apps, if you track a Mindfulness session without wearing your Fitbit Inspire 2, it won't track heart rate information. 

@toadslayer Hi there. In order to see heart rate data on your Fitbit app after completing a Relax session, your Inspire 2 needs to sync. Glad to hear that once it synced, you received heart rate. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Silvia - I am wearing my Inspire 2 whilst doing the sessions - in fact if I go into My Journey section the following day as suggested by Toadslayer then the HR information is there.  My issue is that I don't understand what you mean by Fitbit Apps and where I would find them so I can't do the process you suggested on  Dec 11

Best Answer

I have an android phone. I use an app on the phone from Fitbit. What are you syncing your device to? A computer, tablet, or phone (android or iPhone)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@soo345 In order to access the apps on Inspire 2 please swipe down to scroll through the apps then find the Relax app which will have a hear icon and then follow the instructions mentioned above. 

download (27).png

@toadslayer Thanks for your input. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heartrate does not record after completing a mindfulness session, chosen in my fitbit app on my phone. I get a message saying no heartrate was recorded, please wear my fitbit. I was wearing my fitbit. I am using a Versa 3. I followed your instructions, and my heartrate recorded using the Relax app. But that's not the solution to what I was looking for. Why does  it not record when using a mindfulness app (that I am paying extra money for in Premium)? The recent programs I have selected were over 10 minutes, so it's not that it didn't have enough time.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Same! I have an Android + Ionic. Relax app isn't the same thing as the premium mindfulness app with the Fitbit app. Relax, sure, HR captured & logged. Mindfulness, nope. Same message, after a session, it tells me to wear my Fitbit to track my HR, even though I am. 

Best Answer

@SharyS @H3Dakota Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Keep in mind that to see details about your session, including your heart rate during the session, tap the Mindfulness tile. In the Fitbit app, then tap Your Journey. Please confirm you're doing this procedure to track your Mindfulness session: 

1. From the Today tab 

, tap the Mindfulness tile 

. If you don’t see the tile, go to the Discover tab 

> Health & Fitness Stats > Mindfulness.
  2. Tap to choose a session, then tap Play Audio to begin. Note: Premium subscribers can access additional guided meditations in the Fitbit app.
  3. After you’re done, tap Log Reflection to record your reflection, or tap No Thanks to skip this step.

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I've been doing, and it records that I've done a session, but says no heartrate was recorded and tells me to wear my fitbit. I wear my fitbit.

Best Answer

Same here. I get the message stating I need to wear my Fitbit to record my heartrate. Later, sometimes when I go back into My Journey, the heartrate mysteriously shows up. Sometimes not.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit @H3Dakota, my heartrate has never shown up when I go into My Journey. Only when I tried it through the Relax app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see it on the My Journey screen at first either. I have to tap the
session itself first, then it will show up.

I also usually have to do the 'log refection' twice for that to take.
Best Answer

@H3Dakota You are right! That made the heartrate data show up. Thank you!

Best Answer

@SharyS @H3Dakota Thank you for the details mentioned. 

Please try logging out from the app, force quit it, if you have and Android device clear cache. Also make sure that your phone OS and your Fitbit device firmware version is up-to-date. Once you've checked this, try recording another Mindfulness session. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit , thanks, that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@H3Dakota that worked for me too! Thank you so much! I've only had my Inspire 2 a few weeks. Early on, there were some sessions where I still don't have a heart rate, but maybe I wasn't wearing the device correctly. All my recent sessions now have heart rate data. Thanks again! 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer