Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Sleep information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1) My nightly results show a reading for Deep (1 hr 14 min for example) and REM (28% for example).  Why is the Deep analysis give in hours/mins and the REM as a percentage?  Aren't I interested in both?  When I read blog posts such asHow much sleep do fitbit users really get ..the article focuses on percentage.

2) are these readings what you are calling "sleep insights"? What exactly are sleep insights?  I'm seeing data, but not alot of insight.  Or are insights given as what time I should go to sleep?

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@solarslurpie A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'll be happy to clarify your inquiries. 

Thank you for attaching the blog that you read. The time asleep is showing in hours because this is the amount of time you were in bed. Instead, Deep and REM and Restoration show percentages because other factors will be taken into consideration, as this isn't the same for people of the same demographic but with different fitness goals and fitness levels. 

More information about this, can be found in this article: What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages? 

Your sleep insights will be shown on the Fitbit app when you open it and this will show something like this: 

download (24).png

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply.  I apologize for not being clear.  Please clarify why deep gives reading in hours while rem gives in %.  And as I noted deep in the blog post gave in %.   Please see image.66403.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@solarslurpie Thank you for the screenshot attached. 

Deep and REM is 25% of the score, these 2 sleep stages clue you in the to the quality of your rest. Together they help you unlock the restorative power of sleep. If you tap on the Deep and REM stage, you'll get the minutes you were in REM instead of the percentage that's showing on the screenshot attached. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes