Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of Premium Coach subscription

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was previously a subscriber to Fitstar, on the yearly plan on $39.99. I didn't use it this past year, so I decided that I wanted to discontinue the auto-renewal and avoid paying for the new year [which was re-upping in about a week or so]. I log into the site [which has now become Fitbit Coach] and, low and behold, it shows that I'm a Basic customer with offers for switching to Premium. Great, I apparently did this earlier in the year or something? Either way, it looked like I wouldn't be charged in the future.

Then this week I got a receipt for $39.99. So I call customer service, explain the situation. And apparently the phone staff IS NOT ALLOWED to discuss money issues? Said I had to email customer service instead. Fair enough I guess, did that. I'm told that under no circumstance do they issue refunds [which is never a good sign for a healthy business] and that I had auto-renewal still on. They were kind enough to shut it off for me and told me enjoy the year of Premium because I'm not to be refunded for it. Yet I still log into my account and it only labels me as Basic plan, not Premium. So now Fitbit is forcing me to pay for a service that [a] I took every step to cancel before hand, [b] described as an accident within 3 hours of the transaction and [c] don't even have access to use even though, for the moment, I've paid for it.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I can accept a "no refund" policy when I have the choice to cancel. I was not given that choice due to glitches in the system. That is not on me, that is on Fitbit...I will not pay for your mistakes. There needs to be a common sense answer here, yet no one at Fitbit has been able to solve this. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20
The only way to stop the billing is through Google play store. It is written in the fine print of the contract. I never used to read those things. Due to this, I read everything nowSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes